1. You earn five build points to start the level. You are now v7.3.2.
2. Thorne and the Kernel are here, but you need Thorne alive to bleed him for information, so the Kernel is your foe. Note the health patch routine on the left and the infinite energy patch routine on the right.
3. It helps to have your Triangulate and Profiler subroutines installed. The Kernel starts out with 4140 health.
4. If you crouch you can safely hide behind this stump, right in front of the infinite energy patch routine. You don't have to be facing the patch routine to download energy, as seen here. You can even lean and launch your disc while refueling.
5. Wear the Kernel's health below 2400 and a brief cutscene plays. It's discs only, now!
6. The Kernel's melee attack is powerful so keep your distance. Install your Corrode subroutine and his health will diminish even while you take cover.
7. Defeat the Kernel and earn 12 build points, advancing you to v7.4.4.
8. Thorne tells you that there is a way around the firewall protecting the dedicated server -- a dialup line. The number is on his PDA.