1. In the opening cutscene, Jet assures Alan the he can take down the firewall.
2. You are awarded two build points, bringing you to v7.6.9.
3. Thanks to that Gold Base Damping we picked up in the last level, all of your defensive subroutines are now Gold. You should be feeling pretty †ber right about now.
4. Here's a health patch routine. Talk to Brian.exe and learn that you need to reset the local data stream.
5. Max let's it slip that knocking out a power tab will bring down the socket. You are awarded two more build points, lifting you to v7.7.1.
6. Build note 78 lifts you to v7.7.3.
7. Defeat the ICPs in the area then read the email in this archive bin. Grab Permission 5 from a core dump.
8. Build note 79 lifts you to v7.7.5.
9. You'll find this energy patch routine further to the left.
10. Don't worry about this Ware. We'll grab it in a moment.
11. Likewise for this energy bridge -- we'll be back.
12. Instead, head down this ramp. If purple is your color, this is your level.
13. Talk to Tess and she tells you about the creepy DataWraiths.
14. Engage the ICPs. Note the data bit to the right -- we'll get to that in a moment.
15. One of the ICPs will drop an Alpha Virus Scan and Permission 5.
16. Continue down the path to this archive bin and the Optimization Ware we saw earlier.
17. The archive bin holds Permission 2, an Alpha Energy Claw, an Alpha Cluster, and a Beta Fuzzy Signature.
18. Use the Optimization Ware to upgrade your favorite subroutine. Here I upgrade the Corrode to Gold. If you're tempted to upgrade the Primitive Charge, don't do it -- we'll be getting a freebie in a bit.
19. Return to the bit we saw earlier.
20. Energize the bit then follow it back to its socket. Don't neglect to fill up on energy at this infinite energy patch routine.
21. Activate the socket to lower the forcefield.
22. Reset the Local Data Stream Functionality and it lowers. You earn five build points, bringing you to v7.8.0.
23. Here come the DataWraiths! They are fast and agile, and their melee attack is fierce.
24. But they succumb to your Gold Ball Launcher just the same.
25. Transfer Permissions 5 and 7 from this archive bin.
26. Backtrack the way you came, fighting through the DataWraiths as you go.
27. Once you arrive at the upper level you'll find the Data Stream to the Modulator Socket is now active. Hop through.
28. The Modulator Socket is populated by many resource hogs, so get ready for a fight. Note the health and energy patch routines below.
29. Here is one of the yellow Power Tabs mentioned in your help file. (Ever read those?) It is very fragile so swap out your Ball Launcher for your Disc to save energy. Destroy all four Power Tabs.
30. You'll earn five build points for disabling Modulator Socket One, and another two build points for grabbing build note 80, lifting you to v7.8.7.
31. Exit the Socket through the data stream.
32. Upon your return you find that the energy bridge from Step 11 is now active - and crawling with ICPs!
33. This infinite energy patch routine is just across the bridge. Don't neglect to use any remaining health patch routines before crossing.
34. More ICPs. That's build note 81 on the left, which advances you to v7.8.9.
35. And there's build note 82, which will bring you to v7.9.1.
36. Step around this health patch routine to pick up build note 82, it's a bit out of the way.
37. This archive bin holds a Beta Power Block, a Beta Fuzzy Signature, and an Alpha Peripheral Seal.
38. Pass through the data stream to Modulator Socket 2.
39. You know the drill. Blow up the resource hogs, then blow up the Power Tabs.
40. You earn five build points for disabling Modulator Socket Two, lifting you to v7.9.6. Your objectives are updated - Enter the exit port leading to the firewall.
41. Before you head out don't miss this archive bin. You'll find Permission 8, a Beta Primitive Charge, and a Gold Y-Amp.
42. Exit the socket and you'll find more ICPs to engage.
43. You also now have the ability to activate this energy bridge, though what that accomplishes is a mystery, as you could always hop down, walk across, then hop up.
44. Here's the level exit. But before you leave, stock up on health and energy, and check out that archive bin on the right. Inside is a Beta Base Damping and an Alpha Megahurtz.