1. The level kicks off with a cutscene.
2. Ask Byte about Code Optimization Ware to update your tasks and earn two more build points, raising you to v1.3.5.
3. Approach the Code Optimization Ware and use it to upgrade a subroutine, earning three build points and raising you to v1.3.8.
4. More areas of the game map are available to higher jumpers. Optimizing the Y-Amp is recommended. A Beta Profiler is available later in the level so you're safe to leave it at Alpha for now.
5. Byte instructs you to follow. Pick up this email along the way.
6. And this one.
7. Defeat this ICP while Byte opens the door. Step into the data stream to access the lower level.
8. Behind you is the game's fourth build note. Grab it to raise you to v1.4.0.
9. Jump through the doorway that Byte opened earlier.
10. Fight the corruption below.
11. Use this doorway for cover, spinning your disk at the corrupted programs.
12. Jump over the gap and battle the program on the other side.
13. Grab the fifth build note to raise your build level to v1.4.2. Use the infinite energy patch routine.
14. Here you'll find Permission 1 and a Fuzzy Signature subroutine. Grabbing the permission adds five build points to your version number, raising it to 1.4.7.
15. Press F1 and install your Fuzzy Signature. Defrag and disinfect as needed.
16. You're on the other side of the force field from step 8. Lower the force field and enter the data stream to return to the upper level.
17. Follow Byte to this door. Open the door and enter the Power Stream Control Sector.
18. Cornelius cowers in the mistaken fear that you are the source of the corruption.
19. Use the doorway for cover again, side-strafing repeatedly and throwing your disc to wear them down.
20. Grab the core dumps for power and health, and Permission 4.
21. Ask Marco how to get to the exit port. He tells you the exit is located beyond the power stream.
22. Press on through this doorway.
23. You don't have permission for this email - yet.
24. Walk into the corridor on the right for the sixth build note, raising your version to v1.4.9.
25. Continue through here.
26. Climb the boxes to get to the archive bin, where you'll find Permission 4 and an unknown subroutine.
27. Press F1. Notice the "Defense" tag is highlighted. Inside you'll find the unknown subroutine -- drag it to your Port Procedural.
28. Install the Submask routine once the Port Procedural is completed.
29. Drop to this archive bin below for Permission 2.
30. Jump onto the the opposing ledge.
31. Duck through the crawlspace.
32. Climb through the broken floor.
33. You already have Permission 2, and your Y-amp is Beta, so you only need to grab the Profiler Beta (you have Alpha) and the Virus Scan.
34. Ready your disk and lower the forcefield. There are ICPs you must derezz on the other side.
35. It's best to let them come to you. Shoot through the doorway then hide to the side.
36. Grab the core dumps, one of them contains this Primitive Charge.
37. Deactivate the Sec Rezzer (alarm) on the right, then do the same to the one on the left.
38. Here's the email we couldn't access earlier. You can now.
39. Backtrack down this hall and to the left, battling any remaining ICPs.
40. On the left you'll find the Power Stream Cycling Control Room. Use the health and energy patch routines.
41. This is your objective. Cycle the power streams to add five build points, raising you to v1.5.4.
42. Two ICPs attack. Defeat them and take their core dumps for health and energy.
43. Backtrack to the data stream. Descend the ramp.
44. Here you'll find the seventh build note, raising your version to v1.5.6.
45. Listen to what Ferdinand has to say about the exit port then jump through.
46. There are four Quarantine Protocol Field Bit Sockets that must be overridden. The order in which you override the bits is unimportant.
47. Transfer energy to the bit (Action key, default 'F') until it overloads.
48. Additional quarantine fields are activated, but you can easily bypass them by moving to the center walkway. Many ICPs will be attacking. Move quickly to take the maximum health and energy from their core dumps.
49. If you've been following along, you have the permissions required to deactivate the Sec Rezzers. This will prevent additional ICPs from being called in.
50. This archive bin contains an Alpha Primitive Charge and an Alpha Submask. No need to acquire those as you already have them.
51. This archive bin has an email.
52. Health and infinite energy patch routines are here.
53. Once the fourth protocol field bit is overridden, the quarantine protocol field is lowered. You receive five build points, raising you to v1.6.1.
54. You receive another ten build points for using the exit.
55. The level ends with a cutscene of your capture.