1. Ma3a gives you a new weapon during the opening cutscene - the Ball Primitive.
2. Grab this email in the energy pool.
3. Ready your weapon and open this door.
4. Take out this patrolling ICP on the other side. Search his core dump for Permission 4.
5. Corrupt programs attack from above. Use your LOL to snipe them. The build note to the left is accessible by climbing on the blocks. You can grab it now or later at the end of the level, your choice.
6. Fill up on health here.
7. Return to the energy pool and refill your reserves while you disinfect any corrupted subroutines.
8. Yvonne lets you know that Byte is nearby. Climb the block behind her to reach the other side of this wall.
9. More corrupt programs - lots more. Equip the Ball Primitive Ma3a gave you earlier.
10. Ball projectiles can be used as proximity grenades, but aim for a direct hit to get the best effect.
11. Once the area is secure transfer this email.
12. Build note 22 is on the right, bringing you to v2.9.7. A health patch routine is visible further to the right. The archive bin on the left is not accessible yet.
13. Directly across is this room. The archive bin on the right contains Permission 3, which will allow you to access the archive bin in step 12.
14. The archive bin on the left holds nothing you don't already have.
15. Back to the archive bin from step 12. The only items of interest to you are the Sequencer Beta (which updates your Alpha) and an unknown subroutine.
16. Your Port Procedure reveals the unknown subroutine to be a Beta Profiler, which you already have -- just keep it.
17. Wade in the energy pool to fill your energy reserves.
18. You'll find Byte here. Ask him how to get to Ma3a. You are awarded five build points for finding Byte, bringing you to v3.0.2.
19. Congratulations, time to level up! You can raise your energy rating to Surge Mode, which will raise your energy cache to 300 units capacity. The remaining points should be allocated to health.
20. Follow Byte then talk to him. He lowers the forcefield to Ma3a's processing dock.
21. Before passing through the lowered forcefield, spend some time in the energy pool to fill your reserves to their full 300 units.
22. Take the passage on the right.
23. Drop below, where you'll find build note 23, lifting you to v3.0.4.
24. Items of interest inside this archive bin are an email and an unknown Beta subroutine. You can duck behind the archive bin for protection if you are spotted.
25. Your Port Procedural determines the subroutine to be an upgrade for your Fuzzy Signature. Keep the Beta.
26. Emerge from your hiding place and battle the many ICPs.
27. The Ball Primitive works as well against the ICPs as it did against the corrupt programs. You can ignore Permission 4, as you already have it.
28. Head up this ramp to the archive bin.
29. Transfer Permission 5, the Support Safeguard subroutine and the Ball Launcher.
30. Install the Ball Launcher. It is the primary weapon for the rest of this walkthrough.
31. Open this door to access Ma3a's processing dock.
32. You receive two build points for accessing the processing dock, raising you to v3.0.6.
33. Battle the ICPs inside. Their core dumps contain Permission 3, which you don't need, an Alpha Profiler, which you also don't need, and an Alpha Fuzzy Signature subroutine - which you definitely don't need.
34. You have the needed permission to deactivate the sec rezzers in the area.
35. Build notes 24 and 25, raising you to v3.1.0.
36. In the center is Ma3a, and the two docking seals are on either side.
37. Also roaming the area is this Code Optimization Ware. Activate it to upgrade your subroutine of choice.
38. Your best bet is to upgrade your Viral Shield to Gold, and reduce the number of pesky infections you'll have to deal with.
39. Transfer energy to the docking seal and destroy it.
40. Repeat the procedure on the second docking seal.
41. You are awarded three build points for destroying the docking seals, bringing you to v3.1.3.
42. Another 10 build points are added for the release of Ma3a, raising you to v3.2.3.
43. More ICPs attack. Defeat them with rapid bursts from your Ball Launcher.
44. An infinite energy patch routine and a health patch routine are located here.
45. Wolfgang tells you that the reformat is coming and gives you a permission. Use the panel over his right shoulder to lower a lift.
46. Once the lift is lowered, step onto the platform and take it up.
47. You're back to where you started the level. Grab the energy from the patch routine visible directly ahead if you need to. That red wall fast approaching is the reformat. Run!
48. Up above is the build note you saw at the beginning of the level. If you didn't grab it before, you have one final shot to grab it now. Otherwise, you can skip to step 51.
49. Climb the data blocks on the right. Don't worry about fighting the corrupted programs, the reformat will take care of them -- just keep moving!
50. Jump from the blocks to the overpass and grab the 26th build note, raising you to v3.2.5.
51. Scale the wall as you did in step 8. Your goal is indicated by the arrow.
52. Continue your run through the energy pool, collecting energy as you run. Along the left side of the pool is a z-Lot virus who will drop an Alpha Corrode subroutine (thanks Peter Oliver!)
53. Here is your way out. Talk to Byte so he can lower the barrier.
54. Byte seems to be taking his time. Use your Ball Launcher to hold off the corrupt programs until Byte lowers the barrier.
55. The reformat wall is just about on top of you!
56. Finally, Byte lowers the barrier.
57. Follow Byte to the exit port, fighting past the remaining corrupt programs. Hide behind the walls while Byte activates the port.
58. The ending cutscene plays. Byte activates the port just as the reformat wall approaches. You are able to escape with Byte and Ma3a...
59. But Mercury is erased.