1. Wow, let's hope this level is a bit less crowded than ops! As I leave the elevator I look right to the window to witness an Oscar-worthy performance by none other than Ken Levine himself! Well... his voice anyway. We learn that this guy is actually Cortez. I pick up the anti-personnel shells from the bench and leave the window, inspired and star-struck!
2. As I move forward some ducts collapse and worms crawl out. I get rid of them and turn left since there's no other way out.
3. Past the door I find my first dead body as Shodan briefs me. The body has a dead power cell we'll need later on, as well as another game.
4. I turn right and spot upgrade stations as I hear more ducts collapsing. This time monkeys emerge. They evidently missed my prior evolution theory class, so I'm happy to repeat myself. Out of view to my right is a camera.
5. On the other side of the counter I find a log from Yang and a psi hypo. The safe contains a surgical bed key as well as 10 prisms. In the art terminal I get part of a code, 10 (inset). As I continue down the corridor, I find 6 standard bullets in a trashcan.
6. In the next room to my left I find a security console and another log from Yang. Remember this location as we'll need to enter Athletics later on. The room just in front of this one (inset) has a security crate with 52 nanites, a log from Murdoch and a replicator.
7. Next on our tour are the bathrooms. Unisex and spacious, they make an ideal place to store dead bodies full of annelid worms and you can even cram up to 17 nanites on the dead body. The doorless design allows your superiors to make sure you are not wasting time reading on the john.
8. Turning back and going down the corridor there's a camera and two rooms. The one on the left is flooded with radiation (inset) but had 21 and 19 nanites on the floor and 6 armor piercing bullets on the dead body. After throwing up from all that radiation I entered the room to my right (inset) where I found a log from Delacroix. Both rooms had surgical beds.
9. Continuing down the corridor I come to a room where two explosions occur as I enter. Worms drop from the ceiling and I notice a security crate on the floor. Once the worms are baked to perfection I hack the crate for a med kit and 6 standard bullets. The other office in this corridor has a security station and a log from our pal Cortez is in the desk.
10. We backtrack to the dead guy near the entrance and continue forward to the unexplored section. Beware, monkeys ahead! I took care to disable security so the camera won't pose a problem.
11. First door on the left we have two bodies, two eggs and some pretty disgusting worms. One of the eggs spits out flies and toxic waste comes out of the other. Some grenades, 12 anti-personnel bullets and 46 nanites are on the bodies. I also found a healing gland and an unresearched item in one of the eggs.
12. Next, a monkey. It was weird as it didn't attack me right away when I entered the room. Instead he stood there for close to a minute and then attacked. Anyway, the body bag is empty and there's another log from Cortez on one of the surgical units. The dead body contains worms, an EMP rifle and 6 armor piercing bullets.
13. I spot some crates in the last room in this corridor and as I enter two spiders appear. Again, they just stood there for a few seconds doing nothing! Wham! Wham! In the security crate I only get 6 armor piercing bullets. In the regular crates I get 6 rifled slugs and anti-toxin and psi hypos. I leave the room and turn left to exit through the bulkhead and pick up a log from Murdoch (inset) on my way. I also hit the security station; for luck, you know!
14. I head straight ahead when entering the new section and search this body. It has a log from Murdoch, some grenades and 43 nanites. On the other side of this door is a maintenance droid, so I'll backtrack to avoid it.
15. A camera spots me as I turn right and enter the only other corridor available. I see a locked room that opens up to a recharge station and some exploring. The lock on the door is broken so I repair it using an auto-repair unit and hack it. Boy, that door was really hard to hack but I'm rewarded with 5 cyber modules I find in a desk. There are some grenades and an EMP rifle in here too. After a quick recharge I hit the switch on the wall and climb down the ladder.
16. On this first body I find an ICE pick. Turning right, in a small room, I encounter two eggs and find a body with a hazard suit, an anti-toxin hypo and grenades. I move on and get rid of several eggs on my way.
17. There are no intersections and I eventually end up here. I go down as The Many makes a collect call. I should have refused but you know me, all heart. I pick 23 nanites, the med kit, some food and head back up and outside the room.
18. Remember that hatch switch near the desk? Here's that hatch in question, now open. Going down reveals a dead body (inset) with 3 cyber modules and more grenades. Neat-O! Back up I hack the security station and proceed down the corridor.
19. I walk past two doorways and forward at the intersection and enter this room. Inside I search the crates for a psi and med hypos. In a corner, a dead body provides me with 3 cyber modules and in another I harvest some eggs for two healing glands plus a psi organ.
20. In this corridor is the chemical storeroom. While I don't need anything in here at the moment, these two security crates sure look inviting! In the far crate is a maintenance tool and a cool hacking level 3 software. The other crate has 50 nanites and 4 worm clusters. Yuck!
21. After listening to the logs I had, I learned the code to the armory in the Sci/Med crew area. I decided to go for a walk and check it out. Grenades, two batteries, two medkits, 12 anti-personnel bullets, a standard armor, an assault and EMP rifles, a stasis field generator and some booze. Not much I can use here, but if you are using or intend to use the assault rifle, this one is unbreakable! That's right, you can use it until the very end of the game without having to maintain or repair it even once! Now that you tied this loose end, back to work... Irritant!
22. Back at the chemical storeroom I continue down the corridor and enter the garden. If this section reminds you of Constantine's mansion, well, you're not alone! The grate will fall down when you get close to it (inset) so be careful or you'll go down... so to speak. As for me, I'll stick with using the doors. There's a body with 10 prisms beyond the wall (1) and a log from Cortez near the bench (2).
23. As I go down in the garden I open the door to the right and find a body with anti-personnel shells. Hmmm, that "System" display on the other side of the window sure got my attention...
24. I exit and take the next door to my right. There are two bodies in a small room to my right, one with a grenade launcher. Ahead is a room with a locked keypad. Warning: proceed with caution, major trap! As I open the door, I hear two midwives run toward me and a grenade hybrid approaches too. In the room are two eggs. I decide to run and hide in the room, hoping the cyborgs won't find me as I try to get rid of the worms coming out of the eggs. In the room are several bodies and I find 4 cyber modules, 56 nanites, a psi-hypo and 6 shells.
25. When I finally decide to leave the room, the midwives have moved outside to the garden area and I am a bit more free to move about. When I get near this room however, two small spiders come at me. In this room I find 10 nanites, an anti-toxin hypo and a keycard to the crew section for which Shodan rewards me with 20 cyber modules. Must be important! Note the window in the far room. Time to face those two she-borgs...
26. The Garden, part deux. I grab a log from Suarez from the bench and since there's nothing else here I leave through the door.
27. To my right is a conference room with a log from Siddons. To the left is the kitchen which opens to a mess hall and another nasty ninja-type trap. At the end of the corridor is a camera. I decide to enter the kitchen and face the ninja cyborg.
28. As I enter the mess hall from the kitchen, a cyborg comes out of a small closet and attacks! I thought Doom 3 invented the scary closet monsters... Whaddayaknow! Downstairs I find 20 nanites and the switch to re-open the lights (left) and two dead bodies. One has 8 cyber modules and the other has an EnduroBoost implant and a speed booster hypo (right).
29. I take the elevator back up and leave the mess hall using the door to my right. I pass an empty bathroom and come near these two doors. To the right is one of the most memorable traps you'll face in the game. I'll take the left room first.
30. In this part of the lounge are a couple of hybrids and part of the code we're looking for (to the right, in the picture). It's "[1" meaning this is the first number. On this level of the room is a body with a maintenance tool, a log from good ol' Cortez and a broken replicator. Upstairs the hybrid is easily dealt with and a dead body has a Psi Amp and a crystal shard.
31. Time to enter the Bonne Chance lounge and face the trap. Two ninja cyborgs will attack once this fantomatic cutscene ends. Ready? Set... Go!
32. Damn... they were pretty tough! Looking to the left of the room downstairs is a bar with a log from Delacroix. Don't forget to look behind the bar for a body with 10 nanites and 6 armor piercing bullets. The door to the right opens to the dance floor and two bodies, one of which has another 12 armor piercing bullets. Upstairs is a body with two cyber modules and a level 2 research software. I leave the lounge and turn right.
33. Remember the maintenance droid behind a door I wanted to avoid earlier? We've come full circle and there it is. As well as a turret and a camera, making one nasty situation. We'll play sneaky on this one. I enter the room in from of me and hack the security console (inset). This gives me plenty of time to search the room. I find some grenades in a desk, an EMP pistol, 5 cyber modules and a med hypo on the dead guy and 6 rifled slugs plus 20 nanites in the security crate. Since the droid is facing away from me, I'll try and walk past it.
34. I walk behind the droid and make a left. Hmmm, this place looks familiar, doesn't it? As I look around, and find nothing, I hear a midwife run toward me. I deal with her silently and backtrack near the chemical storeroom again. I turn toward the dining hall area this time (see map). This is pretty much another trap, so be careful.
35. In the right area of the dining hall is a camera. As soon as you enter, the wall explodes and a droid comes out of it! No, I'm not making this up! Looking around I find a body with 6 cyber modules. I lured the droid away and take a peek inside the wall where he was hiding and see this guy. I psi pull the ammo and silently leave.
36. We'll exit through the bulkhead in the garden (highlighted) and continue our exploration in the mall area.