1. This walkthrough is played at the "Hard" difficulty level, on the European PC version. (My online retailer had it misidentified as the US version. Any major differences? Let me know.)
2. The ability to choose your loadout is new to the Splinter Cell series. Here, I choose the "Stealth" loadout which maximizes airfoil and sticky rounds.
3. The atmospherics in this opening area are superb, even if Sam does look as though he's made of vinyl.
4. Take a look around, although you can't explore far. Here's the way out -- climb up the rock face as indicated. Activate your night vision to better see in the darkness.
5. Climb into the cave and then choose "Enter Crawl Space" once you see this luminous growth on the cave wall. Gunfire is heard and then Lambert checks in.
6. Choose "Exit Front" and then climb this succession of ledges. Bats flutter at the top.
7. Two patrols are also up here. You can pick up a nearby rock and throw it to make a distraction, or just wait for this guard to cross the bridge, then grab him from behind. Interrogate him to learn of nearby supplies. Cross the bridge and head right. (Alternately, you can take a path to the left.)
8. Again, patience is your best weapon. Wait for the patrol to turn his back to you then grab him from behind.
9. Right-click knocks him unconscious, left-click delivers a lethal blow. (For those going for a high mission rating, you'll want to right-click.) Lambert instructs you to scan the crates for barcodes.
10. Activate your EEV and find the first crate here on the right.
11. This generator is against the opposite wall. Use the switch to turn off the lights temporarily, or pierce the fuel tank to take it out of commission permanently. Descend the stairway to the left of the generator.
12. Wait in ambush for this patrol then grab him from behind. An interrogation reveals that Morgenholt is being torched nearby.
13. Around the corner is another generator and the second crate you need to scan with your EEV.
14. Return upstairs then continue up this second flight.
15. Through this door you witness Morgenholt's torture. A medkit is on the wall to your right.
16. Quietly descend below. This is a good place to play shadow puppet.
17. Morgenholt is fried. Hold back here for this patrol to approach. Grab him once he turns around. Interrogation yields nothing.
18. Approach Morgenholt to trigger a conversation with Lambert. Knock out the guard on the right. You can have Sam uncuff Morgenholt's body if you like.
19. Ascend the stairway ahead and receive an update from Grimsdottir.
20. Pick the lock on the door then turn left here.
21. Approach the back of this tent and choose the option "Cut Material."
22. Interrogate the man inside to learn that Lacerda has left.
23. Knock him out and hide the body out of site before repeating the tactic on this neighboring tent.
24. Scan crate #3 with your EEV.
25. Time your advance through this well-lit doorway to avoid being spotted by the patrols.
26. Emerge from the hallway then hug this right wall around to the crates ahead. Before reaching the crates, look through the indicated break in the wall to scan crate #4 (inset). Slip behind the crates (and the patrol) to reach the doorway ahead-left. Switching off the lights alerts the guards and is unnecessary.
27. Ascend the stairs then slip left past these two guards.
28. The two patrols are still below and you need to cross this bridge. Fire a sticky camera and make a noise diversion to distract the guards.
29. Slip across while they investigate.
30. Another guard is across the bridge. He's not dangerous so long as you keep quiet. If you like, you can interrogate him to learn that they have been hired - by someone.
31. Access this computer to complete your objective.
32. Read the emails for some background.
33. Keep left to find the exit. Sneak down these stairs to the left. Listen to the guards' conversation and your notes are updated -- the sound of thunder can hide noises.
34. Once at the bottom of the stairs, hook right to spot the fifth and final crate.
35. Carefully descend the stairs. A third guard is in this room on the right, clearing an opening in the wall. This is one (cool but sloppy) way forward -- shoot the blowtorch to finish the job for him, then follow a zip line to the lighthouse.
36. Alternately, follow the stairs to a path at the bottom. Hold at this corner and fire a sticky camera behind the guard.
37. Make noise with the camera to get his attention then gas him.
38. Repeat on this guard at the base of the lighthouse, this time firing the sticky camera at the ground near his feat. Note the zip line to the right of the bright light -- this is where it will deposit you should you choose that route.
39. Here's the view from the camera. Look up and fire the gas to put him to sleep.
40. Walk around to the lighthouse door and slip your optic cable beneath. Your objectives are updated.
41. Stealthily enter the lighthouse and interrogate the radio operator. Learn that Lacerda is aboard the Maria Narcissa. Ascend the stairs -- you'll find a medkit on the way up. Update: Michael Lagle writes, "After you interrogate the radio operator in the lighthouse, shoot the radio, and Grim will complement you on your thought process...they can't alert other cells that they've been hit. When you complete the mission, it will show up as your bonus objective on the bottom of the objectives screen."
42. Climb this ladder once you reach the top.
43. Look around before popping up from the ladder; this guard patrols the walkway. If you're going non-lethal, my preference is to drop him with an airfoil round while he is watching the storm.
44. The rest of you are in for a real treat. Climb over the railing (look down for a great view) and mantle along the ledge to the guard. Select "Grab Character" and...
45. ...send him flying!
46. Here's the switch for the light. (You can throw this switch before taking out the guard, but he'll just turn it back on.)
47. Step onto the walkway and choose "Call Extraction" to end the mission.