1. Welcome to the UNATCO Training Facilities, where you will learn all you need to become a successful UNATCO agent.
2. While following your mentor's directions take a moment to look down -- the floors are so shiny you can see yourself!
3. Simple though it may be, this part of the Training exercise stumps me every time. The problem is that you cannot carry the body and use the key ring simultaneously.
4. First, search the body and receive the NanoKey.
5. Leave the body on the ground. Equip your key ring then unlock the door.
6. Now, pick up the body and place it on the table.
7. Amazing how simple things can trip us up sometimes. Jaime congratulates you on your good work.
8. The second place where you might hit a bump is the contaminated water obstacle.
9. Even though Jaime cautions you about properly equipping and using the suit, it's still very easy to jump into the contaminated water unprotected. Note that in this screenshot the suit is equipped, but is not used.
10. The indicated icon shows that the suit is functioning. Now it's time to enter the water.
11. Even with the suit functioning, you'll still take some damage in the water. The ramp ahead is a bit tricky, too. You'll need to jump up and forward to exit the pool.
12. Fortunately this medical bot is waiting for you on the other side.
13. Now for your first stealth exercise. I find it's most straightforward to simply keep the guards' backs to you rather than try to distract them by throwing diversionary objects. Bypass the first hallway. Instead proceed as indicated.
14. Stick close behind the second guard. Your objective is indicated by the arrow.
15. The guard will pivot to the right when he reaches the end of the hallway, so you should swing to the left. This tactic will be used extensively throughout the walkthrough.
16. There's the exit, straight ahead.
17. Here's your first opportunity to make some real choices; you need to find a way to cross the river. There are many ways to accomplish such tasks in Deus Ex. When possible, this walkthrough will present paths that avoid conflict and loss of life.
18. Sneak up to those barrels ahead.
19. Hidden behind the barrels is this DataCube, with a note from Jaime giving you the code for the bridge: 0089.
20. Keep the walking turret's back to you and sneak up to the indicated keypad.
21. Enter the code 0089 and the bridge lowers as your colleagues watch from above. Head through the doorway visible under the red light. Congratulations! You've just crossed the river!
22. What training level is complete without a secret room? Near the end of the training you'll come to this hall of holograms. Note the indicated loose brick.
23. Give the brick a push.
24. Behind you opens this secret panel.
25. Jaime tells you to step over to the communicator. Press the orange button on the left to receive the message.
26. Your superiors are pleased that you have found the secret room and are showing such promise.
27. Take a look at the other holograms in the area. They are a great way to familiarize yourself with the game's NPCs, including this one representing your brother, Paul Denton.
28. Lastly, pause by this hologram for a conversation with a mysterious figure.
29. Pass through the exit and your training is complete!