1. Head right, then quietly listen to these two. To the right are stairs leading to your primary objective, the NSF commander. To your left are stairs leading to your secondary objective, Gunther. We're heading left.
2. Continue down the stairs to this landing. The camera (upper-right) will trigger the ceiling-mounted gun. Duck under the camera when it is pointed away. Bust open the crate for a lockpick.
3. Wait until the camera points left (inset), then run past the landing to these stairs. Crouch and descend the stairs, keeping the guard's back to you.
4. Approach this doorway and Alex radios that Gunther is being held behind the laser alarm.
5. Nearby is this Data Cube with info we had seen before, plus a Lockpick and a LAM.
6. Across the lobby is this medical crate. Bust it open to find a Medkit.
7. We could use a Multitool or hack the security system using the login and password we obtained before. Instead, we'll enter this ventilation shaft.
8. Activate your light and crawl through the ventilation shaft. You'll find this Multitool along the way, and a room to the left, which we will ignore for now.
9. Instead, continue to this room. You'll find a Data Cube with an ATM account number and PIN, a P250 and a Medkit.
10. Return to the ventilation shaft. This time enter the room we ignored before, then pick the lock on this door.
11. Two guards patrol beyond, and one guard remains seated. Alex tells you that Gunther is being held in the room behind the glass. Wait for the camera to turn away then hug the wall on the right and sneak behind the desk. If you are careful, the seated guard will not see you.
12. Break into the Security Computer Terminal with the login and password we obtained earlier (NSF001/smashthestate).
13. Turn the camera off. Unlock and open the door. Leave the turret alone because once it fires the guards take notice.
14. You must talk to Gunther outside his cell to receive your reward of 150 skill points. He asks you for a gun.
15. Deny Gunther the weapon, then hide behind the safety glass while he defeats the NSF with only a knife.
16. Here's the desk you were hiding behind earlier. On top is this Accuracy Mod and a baton.
17. Talk to Gunther again and he'll insult your more advanced nano-augmentation.
18. Now, to complete the primary goal. Return to the lobby through the ventilation shafts.
19. Return up these stairs, keeping the camera's back to you as you go.
20. You'll eventually arrive at these two again. This time, head right.
21. On your way up the stairs you'll receive two transmissions from Alex plus a Progress Bonus of 150 skill points.
22. Two NSF guards are at the top of the stairs. Carefully walk behind them and to the left.
23. A recurrent flaw in Deus Ex is that your behavior is sometimes judged by where you are rather than by what you do. Alex's caution for you to be "Easy" here is one example. Ascend the ladder.
24. The NSF commander awaits at the top. You are awarded a Critical Location Bonus of 750 skill points.
25. The commander surrenders. Ask him to tell you about the Ambrosia shipment.
26. Your objectives are updated -- return to UNATCO HQ. Keep talking to the commander and he'll let loose with his loopy conspiracy theories.
27. Your primary objective is now complete, but your biggest prize is this Augmentation Canister. Grab it now and we'll have it installed later. Your new goal: return to UNATCO HQ.
28. Descend to the base of the statue. Approach this map and Alex radios that Silhouette is suspected of destroying the Statue.
29. Return to the lobby. All of the NSF have been killed by UNATCO troops. At least none of the blood is on your hands. Note the ATM in the back.
30. Use the account number and PIN that we obtained earlier to withdraw 200 credits.
31. You'll find your brother, Paul, waiting for you at UNATCO HQ. Approach him for a brief conversation. Your objectives are updated: report to Manderley's office on level 2.
32. Enter UNATCO HQ and receive a Progress Bonus of 115 skill points.
33. You can chat with your fellow employees and even read the newspaper.
34. Use the retinal scanner (inset) to continue into the offices.
35. Your office is here on level 2.
36. Alex radios your login and password, and you are awarded an Area Location Bonus of 50 skill points.
37. Log in to your account and check your email. You'll want to do this periodically throughout the game.
38. You'll find Anna and Gunther in this break room. Approach them and endure their insults to complete a secondary objective.
39. Here is the location of your primary objective - Joseph Manderley's office.
40. On the secretary's desk is the Nano Key for the closet doors as well as this Data Cube with Manderley's login and password.
41. You are awarded a Critical Location Bonus of 250 skill points. Talk to Manderley and he updates your objectives -- meet with Jaime Reyes and Sam Carter.
42. Use the Nano Key from the secretary's desk to access the two hallway closets for supplies.
43. Descend to Level 3. In the corridor on the left are the offices for Anna, Gunther and Sam. The corridor on the right is where you'll find Jaime and Alex.
44. Let's start by visiting Medical. Jaime explains how to use the augmentation canister you picked up in the Statue.
45. Swipe this NanoKey to the MedLab closet.
46. Inside the closet you'll find a Medical Supply Crate with a Medkit.
47. Use the Medical Bot to install your augmentation canister we picked up earlier. Microfibral Muscle will allow us to move obstacles and is more desirable for a stealthy gamestyle than its counterpart, Combat Strength.
48. Next, step across the hall to see Alex.
49. This Data Cube on Alex's desk has the door code for the bunker near the helipad - 0451.
50. Hover your cursor over the indicated area on the floor to spot a secret panel. Inside you'll find an office door key, a Scope Weapon Modification, and 30.06 ammo.
51. Grab this candy bar -- we'll be using it later in the next level.
52. The Sci-Fi convention poster on the wall gives up AJacobson's password, "Calvo". Read this email to get the locker code: 2001. Inside the locker are a Lockpick, a Bioelectric Cell and some flares. (Thanks to Eagle Eyes Steve K.)
53. Next, head over to Sam Carter and receive a Subject Acquisition Bonus of 50 skill points.
54. Sam gives you a stealth pistol plus a selection of more equipment. The lockpick or multitool are good choices. Here, I choose the Multitool.
55. Lastly, you can check out Anna and Gunther's offices across the hall. Not much here other than a Bioelectric cell visible on the table behind Anna. A table on the left has a Data Cube with Gunther's login and password.
56. Beyond are these holding cells, and a baton on this desk to the right.
57. You can also wander into the ladies room and startle poor Shannon -- but we wouldn't be so crass.
58. Don't return to Manderley's office just yet. Instead, head back outside to this bunker.
59. Enter the door code we got from the Data Cube in Alex's office - 0451.
60. Inside, you'll find Tranquilizer Darts and a control panel. Onfactorial writes, "There is a med kit on top of the monitors on the left side of the room, you can just see it behind the box saying you received 25 points for exploration, and if you crouch, under the table on the right side is a datacube with the login and password for the system."
61. Hack the panel (better yet, use the login and password courtesy onfactorial) to open this bunker. Descend to earn an Exploration Bonus of 50 skill points and an EMP Grenade.
62. The office door key we found in Alex's office opens the two locked offices on Level 1. Inside this office you'll find a Lockpick and a Multitool.
63. This office holds an Accuracy Weapon Modification and an office door key code under the desk.
64. When you arrive at Manderley's office you'll find Paul there as well. Your objectives are updated -- get down to the South Dock.
65. Manderley gives you 1000 credits for completing your primary objective and another 250 for rescuing Gunther. He also berates you for being in the ladies room. Tsk, tsk!
66. Finally, return to the South Dock and board the boat to end the level - without having fired a single shot!