1. This walkthrough is played at the "Realistic" combat difficulty.
2. This is the character creation screen. You are allotted 5000 points for your character. Here I've upgraded Computer, Electronics and Lockpicking to "Trained." Weapons: Pistol is set to "Trained" by default, but can be downgraded to free up points. (Thanks, Kruszakus.)
3. An opening cutscene plays of a conversation between two mysterious figures. We'll be seeing more of the woman in the upper-right later in the game.
4. You have been dropped off at Liberty Island, New York. Your handler, Alex Jacobson, relays your instructions -- meet your brother, Paul.
5. After a brief moment Paul approaches you on the docks. Note the crowbar on the ground.
6. Paul gives you a choice of weapons: a rifle, a GEP gun, and a crossbow. The crossbow comes with nonlethal tranquilizer darks -- my preference.
7. Paul also gives you this map of the island.
8. Here are your primary and secondary goals.
9. Pick up the crowbar and bust open the crates to find binoculars and this lockpick.
10. Take a look around the docks. Here is the UNATCO boat that brought you here.
11. Descend these stairs to the water below.
12. You'll find these crates floating in a shark cage. Bust the crates open for a Multitool and a Bioelectric Cell.
13. You should talk to every NPC you encounter in Deus Ex - repeatedly. This guard tells you that Gunther has gotten himself into trouble and it's up to you to bail him out.
14. Alex relays information of an informant on the North Dock who can help you get inside the statue.
15. You can speak to Paul repeatedly and get more information about your family and UNATCO.
16. Use your crowbar to bust open these crates for darts, a prod charger and 10mm ammo.
17. NSF terrorists patrol beyond. Use your binoculars to study their movements from a distance.
18. Search any bodies for supplies.
19. Avoid the NSF and head left to UNATCO HQ.
20. Approach this guard and he'll ask you about your tactics. If you take a hard line he'll approve and give you a security code for a bunker up ahead. We're taking a different approach -- tell him we're using a minimum of force.
21. He offers to sell you some equipment. The tranquilizer darts are what we're here for.
22. There's the bunker dead ahead. O-d-m writes that a lockpick can be found behind the bunker in a crate.
23. Smash this crate for a multitool. There's also another crowbar here.
24. Don't fret about this locked bunker -- we'll be back with the security code later.
25. Follow your map and compass toward the North Docks. Your immediate destination is the indicated shipping container.
26. On top you'll find this Data Cube with the security computer login: NSF001, password smashthestate. Also here is a Prod Charger and a Pepper Gun.
27. Once you get to the North Dock, Alex reminds you that the undercover agent Harley Filben is nearby.
28. A mercenary thug is on the right, so stay to the left. An NSF terrorist is circling counterclockwise. Wait until he is in this position before advancing. The crates contain nothing we'll be using -- rockets and 30.06 ammo.
29. To the left you'll find this shack with Harley Filben waiting in the doorway. Approach Harley and you'll automatically use the code words "Iron and copper."
30. Harley is concerned for the safety of the NSF commander. Choose the response, "You can trust me," and Harley will give you the key to the Statue's front entrance. This completes your secondary objective.
31. Talk to the drifter woman and she offers to sell you ammunition, but what she has to say is more valuable. "I'd go in the Statue from the back. Less security that way."
32. Ready a lockpick and drop into the water by this boat ramp.
33. Beneath the surface you'll find this ship. Pick the lock on the door directly ahead then come up for air.
34. Return to the ship and receive an Exploration Bonus of 50 skill points. Inside these crates you'll find Accuracy and Reload Weapons Modifications and a Sawed-off Shotgun.
35. Return to the docks. You'll find a crate with a Medkit where indicated.
36. Exit the docks the way you came, keeping the guards' backs to you.
37. Continue around to this underground bunker, careful to remain in the shadows.
38. Grab the Hazmat suit when the guard isn't looking.
39. Alex reports that the power box ahead is dangerous. There are several solutions to bypass the electric arcs. You can use a multitool on the control panel ahead, put on that Hazmat suit we just swiped, or, best yet, push the button (indicated) on the forklift.
40. Jump onto the rising lift then hop onto and over the power box.
41. You are awarded an Exploration Bonus of 250 skill points. The Weapons Crates contain Laser and Clip weapons mods, and this General Supply Crate holds a Bioelectric Cell.
42. Move the small metal crate and use it to step up to the shipping container directly ahead, then step onto and over the power box, once again avoiding the arcs as you return.
43. Return above and climb these shipping containers, moving the small metal crates as before to use as steps.
44. Don't miss the view from up here. Below is the bunker we just visited.
45. More NSF patrol here. Cautiously make your way to this ramp. Ascend the ramp to the upper level.
46. Ascend the next ramp up as well.
47. Here's your way in. Problem is, there is a gas grenade on the left wall. Disable the grenade then enter the Statue, keeping to the right.