1. The subway carries you to the 18th Street station.
2. Talk to the locals and learn of a hostage situation in the 'Ton Hotel.
3. Public Access Terminals, like this one on the left, are a great way to delve into the story. You can hack this ATM on the right for 262 credits.
4. Ascend the stairs and Paul intercepts you. He gives you the key to his apartment and a Prod Charger.
5. Alex updates your information on the hostage situation, but first head behind this wall to the basketball court.
6. This bum is about to be killed by NSF thugs. Knock them out with tranquilizer darts and he gives you the password, "Underworld" for when you see Curly.
7. For a brief diversion you can shoot some hoops. Make a decent shot and get the message, "Sign him up for the Knicks!!"
8. Return past the subway entrance and talk to these UNATCO troops. They are displeased with the non lethal weapons they received from Paul (three gas grenades), and will give them to you. Proceed through the indicated hole in the fence.
9. Pass through this back door to the bar.
10. Approach Janey. She tells you that her friend, Sandra, is in trouble.
11. Head back out the way you came then turn down this tunnel.
12. You'll find Johnny the pimp threatening Sandra. You have three dialogue options. The first gets you nowhere, the second gets you a fight, and the third, selected here, scares Johnny away.
13. Talk to Sandra twice. The first time she gives you two routes to Johnny's boss' place, JoJo's, both through Osgood's. The second time you talk to her she gives you the password, "bloodshot" to get into the smuggler's.
14. Return to the bar and talk to a grateful Janey. She tells you that JoJo is no tough guy, and gives you the warehouse code 3316.
15. This guy turns out to be Joe Green, a UNATCO-hating reporter for the Midnight Sun. (Or is he?) Tell him anything and he'll print it -- Manderley will not be pleased.
16. Buy two beers from the bartender and give them to the pilot, Jock. He'll tell you his loopy conspiracy theories and, more importantly, that he knows and trusts your brother, Paul.
17. Grab this Medkit behind the bar. You can talk to Dan, visible in the background. He will also give you the Warehouse code 3316.
18. Hack these two ATMs for c205 and c103.
19. Exit the bar through the front entrance, or through the back entrance we used. Nearby is the 'Ton hotel, its name derived from this malfunctioning "Hilton" sign.
20. Rather than enter through the front entrance, we're going to use this ladder in the nearby alley. Place a small crate to hoist yourself up.
21. Climb the fire escape and receive an Exploration Bonus of 40 skill points when you get to this window -- the window to Paul's apartment.
22. I'm sure Paul wouldn't mind if you helped yourself to this credit chit worth c350.
23. In the bathroom you'll find this Medkit. You can use the shower, too -- your getting a little ripe by now.
24. The message on this Data Cube reminds you to check the painting on the wall and count back from 4.
25. Here's the painting. Once open it reveals a number pad. The clue is "Count back from 4." The code is 4321.
26. Voila! This secret closet opens, full of goodies. Two lockpicks, three Multitools, a Medkit, ballistic armor, and a Data Cube with Paul's login, "pdenton" and password, "chameleon." Log in to the computer and review Paul's email.
27. Unlock the apartment door, lean out then toss a gas grenade into the hall.
28. The gas makes the NSF more susceptible to your tranquilizer darts. Bring them down.
29. You receive a 65 point Accomplishment Bonus for freeing the hostages. Talk to them and learn of underground access to the warehouse, password, "righteous."
30. Don't waste your lockpicks on this door. We'll be getting the key in a moment.
31. This Data Cube has an account number 543654 and PIN 5544.
32. Climb the ladder in the elevator shaft to the ledge above for a Multitool. Climb to the bottom of the shaft for crates holding another Multitool and a Bioelectric Cell.
33. Exit the elevator shaft on the lower level. Quietly toss a gas grenade through the doorway on the right.
34. Tranquilize the single NSF terrorist. Wait for the gas to fade then talk to Gilbert Renton, Sandra's father. He wants her to come home.
35. Pick up the credit chit on the right for c50 and the Nano Key on the left.
36. Return to the door we bypassed earlier. You'll still need a single lockpick to get past this closet door. Inside you'll find a Medkit and a Bioelectric cell.
37. Head back to the lobby and use the account number and access code we found earlier (account number 543654 and PIN 5544) to withdraw c100.
38. Outside, the battle between UNATCO and the NSF should be over by now. Search any bodies for supplies. Around the corner is this Free Clinic.
39. Talk to everyone you see, like this guy who tells you that water tunnels lead to the warehouse district, and a freight elevator goes to the roof of a large building.
40. Capitalism is alive and well in the future, so if you want treatment - you have to pay. But you can get a discount...
41. Here's how. Pass through these automatic doors and approach those two seen through the glass.
42. This sick street person is giving the doc a hard time. Tell him he should be more appreciative.
43. The street person leaves in a huff, and the grateful doc offers you a 40% discount. Take the "Full program" and he gives you the surgery bay code - 2153.
44. Here's the surgery bay. Enter the code 2153 to enter. Medical bots will fix you up whenever you need healing.