1. This walkthrough is played on the PC version of the game on normal difficulty, called "Give me a challenge" on the game menu. Note that this walkthrough is not meant to be the quickest way to finish the game but instead will allow the player to explore as many areas and discover as many secrets as possible.
2. After the cutscene, which makes way more sense after I actually finish the game, Megan is waiting for me. After taking a minute to poke through her emails and reading the eBook from the couch, I talk to her and start the tour.
3. After the second cutscene I find myself in Sarif's office and need to go investigate what's going on. Sarif gives me the code to his elevator... 0451. That number again! System Shock 1, Bioshock, Deus Ex 1 and Deus Ex 2, all of those games featured that number as a code of some sort.
4. This first mission is a tutorial. I can die but not run out of ammo, so I get out of the elevator, take in the sights and head on!
5. At the end of a series of corridors, I come to a dead-end and while I'm witness to some man-machine mayhem, I turn left through the flaming doorway.
6. Deus Ex wouldn't be complete without a serious dose of back-killing, knee-scraping crawling, would it! I move those crates, open the vent and head in.
7. I follow the very linear corridors and open the doors to a lab. I swiftly dispatch the two bad guys and head up the stairs then through more doors.
8. I turn the corner and forgetting any notion of stealth, I waltz straight in front of the next lab's bay-window. I go in and dispatch my disgruntled fans. No need to waste time looting, there is nothing here I will carry over. I cross the lab, out the back doors.
9. I race out of the lab, turn right and crawl under a stuck door. I'm quick enough to get a glimpse of another attacker before the door opens and he gets away. Oh no, wait... it's a she! I later learn her name, Yelena.
10. Four guards storm the room as I head inside, but they're no match for my environment unfriendliness. I shoot the gas canisters and make quick work of them.
11. With that nasty business behind me, I head through the door, turn left and walk down the corridor. Cue cutscene and end of level! Training wheels off!