1. The turret killed all but one guards; a sniper is still walking on the upper catwalk. Right behind me, outside of view, is a vent hidden behind a box. I take a few steps in to get the XP bonus then walk back out. I grab the ammo in front of me then loot the bodies, making sure to not be seen by the sniper.
2. Searching each room for loot, I end up with various types of ammo: an energy bar, a credit chip hidden on a chair and a couple of pocket secretaries (one with the passcode "bullskull" from interrogation room B2). There's also some combat rifle ammo on a crate in one of the corners of this large room.
3. Deciding to get more bang for my buck, I go back to the turret, grab it and go up the stairs! That sniper didn't even have a chance to fire a single shot! I drop the turret and enter the security office to my left.
4. I access the computer with the password "crrctions", but find nothing interesting. Under it, I grab the content of the ammo case and enter the small room to my left.
5. I use the password "neuralhub" on the security computer, turn the camera off and open the door to the weapon locker. Inside I get some sweet Typhoon, rocket, and shotgun ammo.
6. I head back to the detention room and head for the left office at the end of the catwalk.
7. I grab the pocket secretary, the credit chip and the stun gun ammo. Under the left desk is more combat rifle ammo. The pocket secretary has the computer password "hmldsec1" and I read some more emails from Manderley. I enter the vent and crawl to the next office, picking up a credit chip inside the vent.
8. In this office I get credits, tranquilizer ammo and a Stop worm. I grab a fully-loaded hidden machine pistol on top of the shelves to my right. I access the computer with "hmldsec2" and read some more fascinating emails.
9. I exit, turn left and enter security office A, where I find some credits, stun gun ammo, a Nuke virus and an EMP grenade. Always using the same security password, "neuralhub", I access the computer and turn off the remaining cameras.
10. I exit, go back on the first floor and head through the door at the end of the detention block.
11. I turn right and follow the passage to another set of doors. On the other side are two FEMA officials. I could have talked to them if I came all this way peacefully, but now they are hostile and I'll need to take them out.
12. I hack the doors and head into the locker room. I find some credits, painkillers, a Stop worm, sniper and combat rifle ammo.
13. I exit the locker room and spot some credits in the rest area. I go to the secured room pointed to by the arrow above and access the door with the code 7984.
14. I grab an XP eBook from the table, plus an energy bar pack and some credits. I access Barrett's computer with the password "bullskull" and read emails between him and Manderley.
15. I head back to the rest area then through the door at the back.
16. This security camera is easily avoided. I go into the security office and use "neuralhub" to access the computer.
17. I grab the ammo from the shelves and in the corner, wickedly hidden behind some cardboard boxes, is a reload speed weapon mod!
18. I exit the office, turn right and head into the first room in the medical bay. I grab some credits plus a hypostim then go through the door to the second medical bay.
19. In this room I find some painkillers and a pocket secretary with some story info. I exit the medical bay and take the elevator down.
20. I come out of the elevator to a room filled with crates but no loot can be found outside of the room where Barrett is. I walk all the way to the next set of doors and prepare myself for the battle ahead by maxing out my health, making sure my weapons are reloaded and equipping my stun gun.
21. After the cutscene ends, the boss battle begins. Yes, a boss battle in a Deus Ex game. While people claim Barrett to be hard, he is, in fact, a pushover. Even on the hardest difficulty... as long as I avoid getting close to him. If I get close enough for him to grab me, it will be hard to survive. When the fight starts, I dash and take cover behind a pillar. I always keep an eye on the radar and make sure to stay away from Barrett.
22. When he stops firing, I pop out from behind the pillar and stun him. There are several red exploding barrels around the room. I run, grab one, throw it at Barrett and hide again. The barrels inflict damage and stun Barrett for a while, allowing me to run far enough. I repeat this process a couple times and he's toast. This strategy works on all difficulty levels and makes dealing with Barrett quick and painful -- for him anyways.
23. With the battle over, I get plenty of XP and, looking around, I grab a large amount of ammo. Rockets, PEPS, shotgun -- you name it. Everything is in plain sight, except the 800 credit chip shown above and...
24. ... this other 700 credit chip. All on the north side of the room next to the doors I used to come in. Once I grab whatever I can carry I head toward the elevator. Before I leave I buy the Dermal Armor augment and will aim to get the EMP shielding which is almost mandatory for later in the game.
25. I get on the elevator and find Malik waiting for me. I'm done here and head out.
26. After I land, Pritchard contacts me. We need to have a chat before I go see Sarif. I will meet with Pritchard, but first I'll head out into town and turn in the Jenny side-quest. While I'm in the neighborhood, I'll also offload some equipment at my apartment and stop by the gas station and sell what I won't need.
27. I tell Jenny I'm done with O'Malley's case and she asks me to go pick him up at his apartment. That shouldn't be too hard. I head to my building and once I'm ready I take the alley coming out, go through the crawlspace heading toward the basketball court then finally arrive at Tindall's building.
28. I find O'Malley in his apartment on the second floor. I equip my stun gun as I enter and after he tries to bribe me, I quickly stun him. Mission accomplished.
29. I see Jenny waiting for me outside. I tell her O'Malley's taking a nap and make her day. I bid her farewell and head back to see Sarif.
30. Back at Sarif I head to my office and meet with Pritchard. He tells me Sarif installed a secret backdoor in the network that needs some explaining. I take the elevator up to his office.
31. Coming out of the elevator I bump into Bill Taggart, and he tries to convince me he had nothing to do with the attack on Sarif Industries. I chat with Sandoval a bit then head in to see Sarif.
32. I make sure to save my game before I talk to Sarif or I might end up not being able to get a side-quest. During the dialogue with Sarif I use redirect and defend until he tells me he hired a private investigator to check me out and that there's stuff on my computer I might or might not want to see. Since conversations are dynamic, it takes a couple tries but I manage to get Sarif to tell me about the P.I. and on top of an XP bonus I get the "Yes, Boss" achievement.
33. Going back to my office I get on my computer and find several new emails and discover I was acutally an adopted child! Coming out of my office, Pritchard tells me he'll look into all of this backdoor business and let me know if -- or rather when -- he discovers something.
34. I go back up to see Sarif and he gives me a password and tells me I need to go to Hengsha Island in China. I am to go to Malik when I'm ready to leave.
35. Before departing I decide to go through all the offices at Sarif and see what I could find. My first stop is Pritchard's office where I use "nuclearsnke" to access his computer. On it I find a list of passwords for other people's computers.
36. Next, I stop by Mitchel's office, right behind mine on the second floor. His door code is 1364. Inside I find a pocket secretary with the code 4145 for Gonzales and Cook's office, plus credits and an energy bar. In Gonzales and Cook's office I find credits, Whiskey and an XP eBook. I go through the Vent into Mika Pine's office.
37. In Mika's office I grab a few credit chips, an XP eBook and an energy bar. Next to Mika's office is Rosellini and Cannon's, door code 3716. Inside I find several credits chips and the code to Bruger's office, 9642. In Bruger's second-floor office I find an energy bar and credits. I access his computer with the password "eclipse" (found on a nearby sticky note) but find nothing interesting. I open the vent and crawl in.
38. I grab some credits from Kennedy and van Wesel's office. On the plant in front of their office I grab a beer. Next door, Stichner and Krutcher's office is open but nothing of note is in there. Next door is the office of our good friend Tim. After hacking his door I find some Whiskey and several credit chips amounting to a rather large sum. On his computer I find the code to Malik's door, 5475.
39. Last on the second floor is the office of Dobel and Lopez. I punch in the code 0250, grab a pack of energy bars plus some credits, then head back to the first floor. As I come down I turn right and hack into Rogers' and Bergama's office but find nothing. On the left side of the stairs, hacking into Maher's and Harris' also produces nothing worthwhile.
40. Finally, next door, is Malik's office. I enter with the code 5475, grab some credits plus an energy bar pack then get the code to the helipad storage area, 8053. That's about it for Detroit! I head to the helipad.
41. At the helipad I climb down the ladder highlighted above. At the door I enter the code 8053 and grab all the cool stuff, including an ammo weapon mod! I climb back up and tell Malik I'm ready to go. Up, Up and Away!