1. Things don't go well on my arrival to Hengsha and I need to act quickly if I am to save Malik. The game will progress even if Malik dies, but saving her is the right thing to do. First, I max out my health!
2. Next, I need to get rid of the robot and the heavy riflemen, as they will quickly destroy Malik's helicopter. The bot is easily taken down with an EMP grenade and the riflemen can be taken down by an explosive barrel thrown at them or a couple sniper shots. The best way to do this is to jump on the red dumpster to my right and flank the guards highlighted above.
3. Once the two guards are taken down, I have a great view of the battle. I throw a grenade at the bot and it blows up in a million pieces.
4. I was hoping the explosion would take down one of the riflemen, but it didn't. I quickly correct that with a couple shots to the head.
5. The second rifleman is right under me and I need to be quick and dispose of him, too.
6. With the riflemen down I can easily eliminate the other troops.
7. I won't lie, It took me a few tries to find the proper way to save Malik before the chopper blows up, but I managed to do it.
8. Searching the bodies, I spot this area and, since I have the EMP shielding, I can just walk inside the pipe. All I get, aside from bonus XP, are two grenades. Looking around some more, I find a couple energy bars and that's about it.
9. I head for the elevator while Pritchard tells me that Belltower is now out to get me. He also tells me to not go near them, but to be honest, they kinda rubbed me the wrong way by trying to kill us so from now-on they better not come near me.
10. Leaving for Hengsha is a point of no return, not that there's much to return to
11. As I arrive in Hengsha, everyone's augmentations go crazy and need a reboot. My money is on them being Windows-based and they should have called them "Wingments". Catchy name, right? Several shops I visited earlier have new loot so I make sure to grab all I can.
12. As I make my way to the LIMB clinic for the two new Praxis kits they have, Pritchard tells me everyone is having their biochip replaced and that it's up to me if I want to have it replaced or not. I make sure to NOT have my chip changed or I will loose access to all my augmentations during the next boss battle! There are no downsides to keeping my current chip and, to be honest, I'm not sure what this story contraption tries to achieve.
13. I slip into the clinic unseen by Belltower and grab the Praxis kit as well as all the Typhoon ammo they have. As I leave, the doctor to my left asks that I track down and have a chat with one Michael Zelazny. I agree and exit the clinic then make my way to the Youzhao district.
14. At my arrival, none other than Hugh Darrow contacts me and tells me to meet an associate of his, a woman by the name of Mengyao. I head to the downtown apartments, as shown above, and climb onto the roof to find her waiting for me.
15. Mengyao wants me to stop a meeting from taking place in front of the Alice Garden Pods and neutralize all of the sellers.
16. I'll deal with Zelazny first, however. I head to the alley shown above and hack the gate open.
17. Up the stairs I find this store and head into the backroom then down the stairs. It is also possible to get to this store from the rooftops.
18. I search the body for a pocket secretary, giving me the location of Zelazny. I hack open the safe for a couple credit chips. The next part of the Zelazny quest isn't updated after reading the pocket secretary, but the sewer entrance located in the canal right under the Alice Garden Pods will take me to Zelazny. I go out and turn right then go through the gate to the Kuaigan district.
19. As I get close to the Alice Garden, I spot some Belltower guards looking for me. Here, I turn right.
20. The party I'm supposed to crash for Mengyao is right here. I need to take down all these guys without killing them. Taking them down from up here as they patrol is trivial, as long as I make sure to mind their line-of-sight. There's also a stationary guy right under me.
21. I finish with these two guys in the corner, jumping down to take them both out. I search the bodies then grab the biochip from a guy named Li.
22. With that done I grab the beer from the nearby table and head into the sewer through the manhole a few feet away.
23. I turn left in the sewers and go through this doorway then climb the ladder just next to the entrance.
24. Looking over the catwalk, I find Zelazny below. I could just shoot him and be done with the quest, but I decide to go and talk to him.
25. Zelazny's story is a sick and sad one. I decide to let him go; I'm not going to get in the middle of this battle. I head back out the way I came in.
26. Once outside, Zelazny contacts me and tells me since I let him go he made sure I would come across fewer Belltower guards in the street. I can now head back to Mengyao to turn in the quest and return to the doctor at the clinic. I'll have to do some explaining there...
27. At the clinic I decide to tell the doctor the truth -- he could be useful in bringing down the corrupt government. He gives me a Praxis kit for my trouble. I exit the clinic and go to the Youzhao district to meet Mengyao.
28. I manage to convince Mengyao to tell me more about the data chip; she tells me about the Hyron project. As with the introduction to the game, what she tells me will make a lot more sense at the end of the game.
29. Now for my main objective, to follow the GPL, I stay on the rooftop. I need to enter the harvester's hangout and there are a few ways in. One is from the sewer I can access from an alley nearby, but it's pretty crowded in there. The other is through the door below.
30. I decide to cloak, jump down and get behind these two. I take them both down silently in order to hack the door and get in undetected. I could get rid of other harvesters too if I wanted to play it safe.
31. Once in the hideout I need to get to the objective marker. All these harvesters are hostile, but once I reach the marker they will become friendly and I'll be able to look and loot unhindered. I enter the door to my right.
32. In order to avoid the turret, I take cover on the wall and flip from cover to cover until I get next to the last concrete block to my left. Noticing the weakened wall, I cloak and get inside the makeshift office.
33. I grab the laser ammo and knock out the guard. I then hack the security computer to turn the turret on the enemy and flip the breakers highlighted above.
34. I walk out and punch through the weakened wall I saw earlier and crawl into the vent.
35. I carefully jump out of the vent and land in this room. After a while, the harvester to my left starts patrolling. Behind me to my left is some sniper ammo. To my right is a level 5 locked safe. I take down the patrol, looting an energy bar and a pocket secretary with the code 1975 for the safe. In the safe I find laser and stun gum ammo plus a cooling system weapon mod!
36. I spot a weakened wall and punch through. I need to time my punch right or the other patrolling guard will hear me and investigate.
37. On the other side of the wall, I go down a ladder.
38. There is another weakened wall, but breaking this wall will alert a bunch of harvesters. Since I have no choice, I punch through and immediately hide.
39. After a short while, they all go back to their normal patrol routes, except for this guy, who offers me the chance to easily take him out. I time it right and KA-POW!
40. Heading out, I need to move the cardboard boxes highlighted above to reveal a hole in the wall.
41. With my destination just a few meters away, and with harvesters patrolling the area still, I flip cover, cloak and dash through the door!
42. Surprisingly enough, or maybe not come to think of it, I find Tong wearing the scientist prosthetic arm with the GPL inside... Tong tells me he knows of a ship that might take me to the other scientists. I grab the credits chips and the booze highlighted above. There's also a laser rifle behind Tong, and he doesn't seem to mind if I just grab it. It's rather cumbersome but it can shoot through walls! Nifty!
43. As I walk out of the room, my "Wingments" go on the fritz again and need to reboot. With everyone now friendly, I can look around.
44. The first thing of note, aside from the stuff I find in lockers, is this computer and safe. The computer only has story information but the safe has some nice stuff in it, although it is a doozy to hack open. For my efforts I get an ammo capacity weapon mod, Typhon ammo and some credits. I later find the password for this computer, "mirrshds".
45. Exploring further I come across these cells, all numbered 34 for some reason. In the one shown above, I find a damage upgrade weapon mod. I continue looking around.
46. On a couch, near these gentlemen, I find a pocket secretary with the password for Tong's computer I accessed earlier, "mirrshds".
47. With my exploration of the hideout done, I head through the door, to the sewers, to proceed on with my mission.