1. Malik drops me on a rooftop in Hengsha and I get my first objective, to investigate the penthouse. I walk near these two lovely girls and decide to peek inside.
2. Going down the stairs, this girl asks me to go break Mei's and Edgar's fight. It seems reasonable enough so I head inside.
3. Inside, Mei tells me that her friend Ning is missing and that she fears for her. She asks me to talk to the bouncer Chuanli on the rooftop. I will head there as soon as I'm done snooping around. I go through Mei's balcony door.
4. To my left I find a credit chip. Turning right I see two more doors. The first one leads to an empty room so I head toward the very last one, as shown above.
5. I sneak into the room and, after listening to these two love birds, I snatch the TYM smart card. I'm sure that will come in handy later. I tiptoe my way out through the room door and head back to the rooftop.
6. I turn left on the roof and see Chuanli smoking outside. After a bit of convincing, thanks to my social enhancer augmentation, he reveals Ning's location.
7. After I'm done with Chuanli, I turn right and head down a series of stairs, basically taking me directly to where Ning is being held.
8. Here I go around to get on the other side of the canal, closer to the quest marker.
9. Sneaking close by, I spot 3 thugs. After numerous attempts at stealth, I decide shooting is the quickest way to resolve this situation. On one of the corpses I find a pocket secretary with the code 5377.
10. Inside the storage locker I find Ning crying. After freeing her I am to report back to Mei. I head around the canal again.
11. On my way I notice four storage lockers I can hack. From left to right I find credits and crossbow arrows, Typhoon ammo, a Nuke virus plus a pistol and some credits, and finally in the last locker various ammo along with a shotgun.
12. I decide to go up these stairs instead of those I used to come here.
13. At the top of the stairs is a quaint little shop. I stop by and snoop in the backroom of this merchant to find an ammo case with some tranquilizer darts. I continue, jump over the cement blocks and come out to a street next to the hive club.
14. I turn left then take the alley shown above.
15. I arrive at the front entrance of the Hung Hua Hotel and see another shop to my left. In addition to a backroom, this one sports a sweet safe. I find credits in both the safe and backroom. I grab the pocket secretary highlighted above at the right edge of the screen and enter the hotel.
16. In the lobby of the hotel, I grab a beer from the counter, highlighted above. To my left is the door to a gun merchant.
17. I offload some merchandise and acquire a brand-new crossbow. Looking around at the back of the merchant's store, I find some empty lockers and behind a door is a ladder leading to the sewers! I climb down.
18. In the sewers I note a crawlspace to my right. I'll go there in a second, but before I go forward and turn left. To my left again, I spot a weakened wall and punch through. Behind the wall I find a Praxis kit and some painkillers.
19. I head back to the crawlspace and on the other end I see yet another weakened wall. I grab a mine template and some ammo then go back to the hotel. Nothing else can be found down here except for a pocket secretary with the code 7845 for one of the lockers I already hacked open.
20. Coming out at the gun merchant I turn left. Spotting this office to my right, I enter. From the lockers I get an energy bar pack and using the code 7657 on the safe I get some pistol ammo and credits. I use the pass "oleander" on the security computer and turn of the camera for the guns merchant.
21. I exit the office, go right, then take the stairs to the third floor. The pocket secretary I see highlighted above has the code for the safe I just opened. There are three rooms on this floor. In the first I find a Hive club membership card -- that should save me the cover charge on my visit there. In the second I find an energy bar on a nightstand. The last room is empty, so I head to the fourth floor and talk to Mei.
22. Mei is happy I saved Ning and gives me both my payment and a next task. I am to deal with Chan once and for all. I wouldn't kill someone for a woman but a small knock on the noggin, there's almost no harm in that. Chan is in the Youzhao district, which is also where my main mission objective is.
23. I go to the rooftop of the hotel and turn right, descending the stairs shown above.
24. Down two flights of stairs I grab the stun gun ammo shown above. I go down the stairs to my left.
25. At this merchant I get XP but no items from his backroom.
26. I go down one more flight of stairs and arrive at this diner. I'm pretty sure I heard somebody mention something about hard candy, but no matter. I grab a credit chip from the backroom.
27. Straight across from the diner is a produce merchant and I grab an energy bar from the backroom. Done shopping, I go back up 3 flights of stairs.
28. At the top of the stairs I see yet another shop and go through the backdoor for some XP. No loot however, so I continue around the corner.
29. Before entering the Youzhao district, I hack open this storage locker and grab the tranquilizer gun then get on my way.
30. Once in Youzhao I head forward, passing the stairs for now, then turn right. I spot a locked door, hack it and then enter.
31. Inside I get a credit chip from the counter and an XP eBook on the desk. After getting sniper ammo from the safe, I nab another credit chip hidden behind the bed.
32. Moving on, I spot Chan's apartment, highlighted above. There's another apartment to the right I could hack so I jump across and head that way. The level one lock lets me inside quickly.
33. Inside the room I grab the credit chip from the kitchen and head into the bedroom to find some tranquilizer darts on the floor, next to the bed.
34. I exit and get close to Chan's door. I hear him talk to someone on the phone so I wait until he's done and moves away to open the door. I walk in silently and knock him out. After planting the drugs I leave.
35. I jump back on the other rooftop and decide to enter the building from these stairs to my left. I go down to the third floor and open the door. I find a locked door which I hack.
36. Inside I find some revolver ammo in the bathroom and a credit chip next to the refrigerator. I exit and head down to the second floor to another locked apartment door.
37. I walk quietly inside where I find a guy dozing off in front of his computer. I grab the machine pistol ammo, the XP eBook plus the credit chips then head to the last apartment I can get into, on the first floor.
38. Here I find some credits and a Nuke virus. I leave the guy in peace in his apartment and exit to the street.
39. Coming out of the building, I turn left and notice the manhole before turning right and spotting the storage locker in front of me. I hack it and inside I find an ammo capacity weapon mod and some credits!
40. I turn left and continue to the end of the street where I take a right.
41. At the end of the street I see some merchants. Time to do some snooping around the shops. I start with the one in front of me where I find a credit chip in the back room.
42. Continuing down the street is this other store to my left where I find a credit chip both in the backroom and in the safe hidden behind the counter.
43. Going to the very end of the street, I see a storage locker and get quite a surprise hacking it open! Explosive barrels... Lots of explosive barrels! I grab the credits from the chair and the ammo from the ammo case.
44. After messing around a bit with the barrels I turn around and climb the nearby ladders to the rooftop, close to where Chan's apartment is.
45. To my left, just out of view, I see an inactive security console. Moving on, I take the stairs to my right.
46. Going to the other rooftop, I turn right as shown above.
47. I bash through this wall, or shoot it until it breaks, and grab some stun gun ammo. There is no reason to go through the second weakened wall for now, so I head back to the rooftop.
48. Time to get on with my primary objective and check the penthouse. I climb the ladder behind the parking sign, noticing another inactive security console next to it, meaning I'll be coming back here later.
49. Behind the parking sign, I climb on the roof and head to the passage ahead.
50. I'm getting close to my objective and there are several ways into the building. This locked door will take me inside and reward me with a little bonus, but first I'll go around the corner and see what I'm up against in this area.
51. After these two guards are done talking, I take them out silently and look around.
52. This is the penthouse courtyard. There are a lot of guards but this is a great sniping position. The ease by which all these guys can be taken down using the tranquilizer gun is impressive. Once that's done I head back to the locked door I passed coming here.
53. After hacking the door, I walk in and find a vent. This is one of the very many ways to enter the building, but the only one worth taking.
54. I drop out of the vent into an elevator shaft. Going up will allow me to get to the penthouse floor but I first climb down to the bottom of the shaft.
55. Under the elevator cart I find a praxis kit! Sweet! I climb back all the way up and notice the elevator cart starts moving. I jump on it.
56. From the top of the elevator cart I spot two vents. Both lead to the same level, so I'll take the left one.
57. I crawl out of the vent in front of an unlocked room but I'll be back here a bit later so I walk past it. I spot a hidden vent behind a vending machine. I looked and looked but couldn't find any lemon-lime. Shame on you, Eidos! I move the vending machine and head inside.
58. I turn right at the fork and exit into this room where a few guards are patrolling. Right here, through the busted wall, is my objective. I sneak in.
59. I refrain from calling the guy that lives here a loon since my office often looks like this and grab the virus and two worms that are lying around. Hacking the computer and reading the emails completes my objective.
60. I take a look around before heading out. There are three guards here, easily dispatched. Note that the doll highlighted above opens a secret door to get to the computer. The bathroom -- conveniently located in the kitchen -- is empty.
61. The first bedroom in the apartment has a Stop worm, painkillers and a pistol. In the second, in a closet of sort, I find a beer.
62. I leave Van Bruggen's apartment through the door and see a couple of guards. To my right, in the small utility room, is another beer. I take the two guards down and head for the elevator. Time to make my way to the Hive nightclub.