1. The SSC guard warns you of a Templar military bot up ahead.
2. Stay behind the corner and send in your spy drone. Two or three EMP blasts will bring it down.
3. Three Templar Paladins patrol the area. My preferred method for dealing with them is the cloak/biotox drone combo. Search the area for a flamethrower, an SMG and a spiderbomb.
4. This is where you'll emerge if you prefer the sewer access.
5. The risk is high down here. Three greasels roam the sewers. The payoff is also high -- two multitools, a flamethrower, an ammo clip, a scrambler prox mine, an EMP prox mine, 100 credits and a spiderbomb.
6. Search this dumpster for a multitool then proceed through the door ahead.
7. Carefully open another door and disable this camera.
8. An ammo clip sets atop the crate and a shotgun is on the the ledge ahead. Climb the ladder.
9. Your cloak/biotox drone combo will take out these two Paladins non-lethally.
10. Here is the secret entrance that Tracer Tong told you about. Don't go through just yet. We'll be back in a moment.
11. Don't head up the stairs yet, either. Instead, cloak and walk across this mezzanine.
12. Descend this stairwell on the western edge.
13. Past the patrol and under the stairs is a multitool and 50 credits.
14. Return to this position (where you emerged from the ladder) and climb these stairs.
15. Two Paladins patrol up here. You can bring them down with your method of choice, or remain cloaked and leave them alone. Don't miss the EMP grenade on the ledge (inset).
16. This doorway is your destination. The guard has dropped another EMP grenade.
17. On the ledge is a crowbar and a multitool two-pack. The unlocked steel chest holds an energy cell and, if you bought it from the Omar, a black market biomod canister.
18. Return to the secret entrance. Grab the two energy cells from atop the crate then use the elevator to enter the Black Gate Laboratory.
19. Emerge carefully. A single Paladin patrols the elevator area. Here I bring him down with the biotox attack drone.
20. Shoot out this window with a glass destabilizer then hop on through.
21. On this shelf is a baton, an ammo clip, a shotgun and an image of the Black Gate Teleporter. Pass through the grate visible on the right.
22. You'll emerge in this room where you can grab a multitool, three ammo clips, 25 credits, and an energy cell from these shelves.
23. You can continue using the vents to move around or just climb this ladder and confront the Paladins directly.
24. Three Paladins patrol the area. Again, my preference is the cloak/biotox drone combo. A multitool is at the bottom of the inactive reactor.
25. Enter Tracer Tong's office.
26. View this transmission from Dr. Nassif. Also on the desk are a multitool, an energy blade, and a datacube with the login for the Black Gate control terminal and the keycode for the Black Gate lab doors.
27. The nearby shelves hold 100 credits, and you'll find a whopping three standard biomod canisters (plus a spiderbomb) in this locked cabinet.
28. Here I use the canisters to upgrade Aggressive Defense Drone to level 3.
29. Follow the "Containment" sign. Bypass these gold lasers with an EMP blast, or use multitools. Pass through the unlocked door beyond.
30. This is where the game really picked up for me. Inside are Her Holiness and Donna Morgan. Speak with them and learn that Her Holiness is actually Nicolette DuClare, a major figure from the original Deus Ex! She reveals that the WTO and The Order are actually part of the Illuminati!
31. Chad Dumier tells you to hire a pilot. This Illuminate Elite Trooper assumes command of the facility. You can repeatedly talk to Nicolette and Donna to learn more, but the trooper will protest.
32. Before leaving you can chat with this Gray and heal at a nearby medbot. The terminal seen through the window will allow you to open the door to the Gray's holding cell.
33. There's more to do in the lab, but first we need to return to the streets of Trier. If you haven't done so already, go back to Queequeg's and tell the owner what you've learned -- that Queequeg's and Pequod's are the same company. Collect your reward of 200 credits.
34. Talk to NG and you have this dialogue option. Use option (1) and NG loses her charming demeanor.
35. Head back to SSC HQ and speak with Dumier and DuClare. Dumier gives you a map of the Templar compound.
36. Return to the Nine Worlds Tavern and chat with Tracer Tong.
37. Time to choose a pilot. Talk to Ava Johnson at this holocomm if she is your choice.
38. Alternately, you'll find Sid Black here. Again, Ava is free, but Sid is not.
39. Either pilot will meet you at the helipad atop this ladder.
40. This time, the drop off point for both pilots is the same.
41. Talk with Crazy Wendy and learn of a secret entrance to the cathedral through basement tunnels.
42. A Paladin patrols the area -- bypass or defeat him. Follow this tunnel on the right.
43. Talk with Billy. If you picked up the map from Chad Dumier, Billy will update it for 200 credits.
44. Here's the map with Billy's writing. He's marked where the Templar Paladins can be found.
45. Inside this dumpster is an energy cell. Climb atop the dumpster to jump over the railing above.
46. A flame turret is around this corner. Here I disable it with an EMP grenade.
47. Cloak before climbing onto these boxes.
48. Two Paladins patrol above. Here, my biotox drone brings them down non-lethally while I remain cloaked. Among the items the Paladins drop is a sniper rifle and two concussion grenades.
49. Two black market biomod canisters and an ammo clip are found in this chest. The datacube holds Templar orders to destroy the canisters.
50. Here I bring down a third Paladin with a boltcaster before dropping below.
51. An entrance to the Templar church can be found up those stairs to the left. But an alternate entrance (and more goodies) can be found through the grate on the right.
52. An EMP grenade disables this security bot. Descend the ladder.
53. Cloak, then disable these lasers with a multitool. You'll find a multitool on the machine up ahead to the left, and another in the alcove beyond, and a third on the machine beyond that. (Alternately, dveyee writes, "The red laser beams can be avoided by crouching through the middle of them without activating the alarms (saves two multi-tools and time)."
54. Send in your spy drone to bring down the three Paladins patrolling the tunnels.
55. Search the area for supplies, including a flamethrower on this bunk. You'll find three ammo clips in the locked left locker, an ammo clip and a refire rate mod in the unlocked middle locker, and soy in the unlocked right locker. The three lockers inset lower-left are all unlocked, and hold, left-to-right, an energy cell and a medkit, soy, a spiderbomb and a noisemaker grenade. The locked chest inset lower-right holds a concussion grenade and an EMP grenade.
56. At the north end of the tunnels is this lift - your alternate entrance to the Templar church.
57. The lift will leave you behind these boxes. Stay crouched behind them and send in your spy drone to disable that camera ahead. There's a multitool on the crates closer to the camera. The music in here is beautifully eerie.
58. Stay crouched behind the crates and send your spy drone into the cathedral to bring down the three Paladins patrolling the area. There's also a rocket turret in the center of the room.
59. Dumier instructs you to find Saman's computer. Approach this holocomm for a message from Saman to learn that, like you, Billie is also a clone of JC. Saman has sent her through the teleporter to kill the Dentons. The datacube next to the holocomm has Saman's login. The pulpit behind you holds a stun prod, and the Paladins have dropped ammo clips, a shotgun, a concussion grenade, and a spiderbomb.
60. Pass through this door on the north side of the cathedral.
61. That's Saman's computer on the wall. Use his login to download the Black Gate sequencing module. The security camera and rocket turret can also be controlled from this position. The trunk on the right holds a medkit. Behind you is a desk with a holocomm message from the Templars, ammo clips (one clip is under the desk) and a pistol.
62. Dumier orders you to meet your pilot and return to Trier. You can head back through the lift at this point, or continue for a bit of exploration. At the east end of the cathedral is this laser field. A locked door on the right leads to an energy cell under some stairs and up to a chest with range and scavenger mods, plus an ammo clip.
63. Disable the lasers, then carefully open the cathedral door and toss out an EMP grenade to disable the security bot.
64. Take down the lone Paladin patrolling the area. She'll drop a spiderbomb and a pistol. Use a multitool to stop the sparking ahead.
65. This repairbot is your reward.
66. This door in the southeast corner is your alternate route back to the Templar compound.
67. Return to the drop off point, and Klara Sparks is waiting for you. You'll inform her that Billie is the Tarsus mole responsible for the destruction of Chicago. Board your flight back to Trier.
68. Upon your return to Trier you are quite popular. Dumier instructs you to repair the Black Gate, Tracer Tong asks you to meet him at the tavern, and Lin May Chen confronts you about the rumors of an alliance between The Order and the WTO. You have two dialogue options. Option (1) reveals the truth; option (2) is a lie. Either way, you learn that Lin May is the daughter of Maggie Chow and Max Chen! Maggie Chen is found in the town square -- backtrack if Sid Black was your pilot. If Ava Johnson was your pilot, she'll drop you off in the square and warn you about Luminon Saman.
69. If Sid Black was your pilot, he'll inform you that he's booked up. Your next pilot must be Ava Johnson.
70. Return to the Nine Worlds Tavern and talk with Tracer Tong. You learn that Paul Denton was the leader of ApostleCorp-Cairo abducted by the Templars, and how you must transfer your biomod architecture to the Dentons and revive them.
71. Return to the Black Gate ruins and help the SSC mop up any Templar resistance.
72. Return to the Black Gate laboratory through the secret entrance. Chad Dumier instructs you on how to activate the gate.
73. Ignore the stairs for now. Climb the ladder instead.
74. Chad Dumier shares his doubts about Klara Sparks. Stop the sparking on that generator with a multitool (the box is on the right). Or go around it by entering that vent on the left. You'll have to fight a spider bot. Don't open the floor vent as it's a long way down.
75. Use the Black Gate lab doors keycode on this door. Allow the repairbot inside to recharge your systems.
76. Use this power box to activate the generator. Beware the radioactive barrels on the right. Between the gas barrels behind you (inset) is the Black Gate lab security beams keycode.
77. Ascend the stairs you bypassed earlier, using your Black Gate lab doors keycode to enter. Take down the single Paladin in the room, and access the computer under the "Gate Control" sign visible on the left wall. Choose "Begin Gate Sequencing."
78. Chad Dumier congratulates you. Look out the window to see the portal.
79. Return downstairs. Follow these signs and jump through the portal to Antarctica and end the level.