1. The elevator brings you to the upper Seattle city center. Your primary goal is to report to the Order Church in lower Seattle. Approach the guards ahead.
2. After a brief tutorial screen on how to access your data vault (default 'N') you are given your second goal: report to WTO chief Donna Morgan.
3. Billie Adams gives you a map and your third goal: investigate Dr. Nassif's apartment.
4. Lin-May urges you to leave upper Seattle via the Inclinator. Here is the way there -- but we're going to explore our options in upper Seattle first. (If you like, you can jump ahead.) At this stage you can complete goals for any of the factions without dedicating yourself to one particular path.
5. As if there aren't enough factions to take goals from, we're about to get involved in the 'Coffee Wars.' Follow the COFFEESHOP sign.
6. Talk to the Pequod's manager. He's full of self-pity because his expenses in upper Seattle are higher than his competitor's at QueeQueg's in lower Seattle. He'll reward you if you destroy the QueeQueg's beans. Grab the ammo from the counter (inset).
7. Proceed to the back room and swipe this multitool from under the corner table.
8. Upper Seattle is an enclave for the WTO. Return outside and watch this hologram of WTO leader Chad Dumier defending his meticulous economic planning - by blaming JC Denton for the Great Collapse.
9. Ascend the nearby stairs to the second level and approach this Order Seeker. You'll have three dialogue options. Option 1 has no result. Option 2 prompts her to reveal more about the Order and its belief that the WTO is more interested in consolidating wealth than in promoting free trade. Option 3 results in a battle with the Seeker. Here I pick option 2.
10. Head over to the Galleria. I think these aerial security bots look like a cross between the alien and those floating light things from Dune.
11. If you're feeling naughty you can use your Spy Drone to disable the camera then shoot out the glass on the right for a multitool and an energy cell -- but you'll attract a guard and the security bot. If you have a neural interface you can hack the ATM on the left.
12. The Galleria's main attraction is this view of the Seattle Space Needle.
13. You'll find a multitool on this seat.
14. Next up is Club Vox in the southwest corner.
15. Before coughing up the 100 credits to enter the club, ask the door guard, "What's so great about this club anyway?" and she'll give you two goals: meet the Club Vox owner and talk to the NG Resonance sim.
16. To the immediate left is the VIP room -- we'll be heading there later. Instead, continue to this room on the same floor where you'll find the Culture Minister. Play cupid for him by arranging a date with Lionel in the corner, then offer to be the Minister's chamber-boy. You'll be rewarded with the key to the back stairwell of the Minister's apartment at the Emerald Suites. Note that if you chose to play as a female then you will have to pay Lionel 300 credits to get the key instead.
17. Grab these 50 credits from behind the bar.
18. You'll find the Club Vox owner upstairs. Talk to him and he'll notice your augmentations, then offer you an assassination job for 300 credits. He suggests that the name, "David Kurczec" will get you into the lawyer's apartment.
19. Continue down the walkway to find one of the most fascinating characters of the game - NG Resonance. Talk to her repeatedly and receive the goal of finding out what goes on in the VIP room. NG is a more disarming version of Orwell's Big Brother.
20. Also up here is this poor soul who was fired from Pequod's for refusing to sabotage the QueeQueg's beans.
21. Grab this 100 credits from the bar, and the multitool from the counter behind the keg (inset).
22. These dancer's won't offer you any quests but it's fun to talk to them.
23. Don't waste a multitool breaking into the secure area. Instead, mantle up as indicated.
24. Grab this multitool then drop through the vent, where you'll find another multitool.
25. You'll emerge in this room where you can grab the EMP prox mine seen here.
26. Quietly exit to the hallway -- you are now in the VIP area. Zap the bouncer with your stun prod. Continue up the short stairs.
27. Quietly pass through the next door and stun this bouncer as well. He'll drop a sniper rifle.
28. Talk to the Omar Trader and he offers you a discount if you'll obtain a tissue sample from a body hidden in the basement.
29. Backtrack down the short stairs then open this vent. Use an EMP grenade or your spy drone to disable the spider inside.
30. Follow the ventilation shaft to the Vox owner's office. Under his desk is this SMG, and you can just see the 25 credits to the left of the garbage can on the right. Read the data cube on the desk to learn that the strange appearance of the Omar is freaking out the customers.
31. Grab the energy cell from the nearby shelf then use a multitool to open this safe. Inside is a concussion grenade, an ammo clip, and a data cube with evidence that the WTO wants.
32. Swipe this Club Vox basement key before leaving.
33. Head downstairs and use your newly-found key on this basement door.
34. Pass through the maintenance door and you are presented with this red laser obstacle. You can place the keg as I have here to help you climb onto the shelves (tricky, but it does work). You can alternately use your spy drone's EMP blast or the terminal on the left to disable the lasers. Pass through the door beyond.
35. Read this datacube to obtain the Gray tissue sample for the Omar and complete the objective. On the nearby shelves you'll find a glass destabilizer, an energy cell, two ammo clips and a shotgun.
36. Don't miss this multitool on the floor.
37. Return to NG and inform her that the VIP area is an Omar black market. You'll receive a reward of 300 credits plus a free ticket to see NG in concert. If you lie and tell NG that the VIP area is no big deal you will not receive a reward as no crime has been committed. Note that if you rat out the Omar then you will lose the Omar's preferred customer status.
38. Return to the Omar to collect the 50% discount and a free black market biomod canister.
39. Here I use the black market canister to upgrade spy drone to level 2.
40. Exit the club then head over to the Emerald Suites in the northwest corner.
41. Ask the janitor, "What is this place?" and he'll tell you that the Culture Minister lives in the penthouse, that there's a research scientist in 2224 and a lawyer in 2226. Tell him you're just visiting and he'll whine about his job. Flatter him that he must know all the ins and outs and he'll offer to sell you the Penthouse key and the building's master key -- save your money.
42. Take the multitool seen here.
43. Use your penthouse stairwell key on this door.
44. Slip through this vent.
45. Bypass the first vent and keep right. Disable this spider with your spy drone and grab the multitool seen here.
46. Activate your biotox attack drone before dropping through the vent to suite 2225. Your drone will put this businessman to sleep. On the desk behind him is an image of the culture minister's secret vault, a concussion prox mine, an ammo clip, and a silencer mod.
47. Continue to the bedroom where you'll find this armoire with a boltcaster, 100 credits and a multitool.
48. Here is your first secret weapon of six in the game. Move the pillow to reveal the Toxin Blade. On the night table is a concussion prox mine.
49. The Toxin Blade releases toxins on contact.
50. Climb up the grate to return to the vent by holding the jump key (default space). Again keep right and you'll come to this grate. Billie Adams congratulates you for finding Dr. Nassif's apartment.
51. Approach this holocom unit for a conversation with Billie. Grab the EMP grenade from the nearby shelf.
52. Continue to the bedroom where you'll find an energy cell under the bed and another in the night table. In the trunk is a biomod canister and a scrambler grenade. I use the canister to upgrade cloak to level 2.
53. This datacube is what you're really here for. Read it to complete the objective to search Dr. Nassif's apartment.
54. Exit the apartment through the front door and return to the stairs, this time ascending to the top floor. Pass through this door to the Culture Minister's penthouse.