1. You've now got time to run whatever Scoop quests you'd like to work on. Exit to the roof and find this Propane Tank to the left of the elevator.
2. Previously, the elevator was safe, but from now on it will be filled with zombies. By placing the tank in front of the elevator and shooting it once the elevator doors open, you'll destroy the bulk of the zombies in the elevator.
3. The warehouse is no longer safe, either. This yellow-shirted zombie will always be in the corridor leading to Paradise Plaza. Kill him to find a very useful Hunting Knife.
4. At 7pm this short cutscene plays. The glowing eyes tell you that the zombies are supercharged after dark.
5. Upon entering Leisure Park, you'll be introduced to a trio of escaped convicts. I recommend avoiding them for the moment. They are very difficult to defeat and unfortunately respawn anyway, making escort missions particularly frustrating.
6. Not too frustrating to save Sophie, though. Talk to her so she joins you, then press B to hold hands.
7. Take any damage, or allow an obstacle to come between you and Sophie, and she'll let go. Lead her to the Warehouse door to the right of Cam's Camera. As long as you keep moving and don't let go of her hand, you'll both be safe.
8. Try to clear a path through the warehouse, then when you get to the elevator have her stand in a safe spot. (Press the right trigger then press Y while targeting the safe spot.) Clear out the elevator then recall Sophie by pressing Y.
9. Ride the elevator to the roof, then lead Sophie back through the air shaft to complete the escort.
10. If you want to take out the convicts, I first recommend you take out Cletus in the Huntin' Shack so you can grab a Sniper Rifle. Enter Leisure Park, then head right to find the stairs to the North Plaza entrance.
11. Cletus can be a difficult fight, so I recommend saving at the nearby restroom before entering the Huntin' Shack.
12. Fill up on health before opening the door, and come equipped with a good melee weapon to kill lots of zombies.
13. Once you open the door, the cutscene introducing Cletus plays. He's not in any frame of mind to share his toys.
14. Immediately position yourself behind one of these Store Displays. They're small, and you must position yourself exactly or else you'll still get hit by Cletus' shotgun.
15. While Cletus reloads, grab the display and jump over the counter. Try to position the display to block Cletus before he starts firing again. This is easier said than done, as you can see above.
16. Grab a Sniper Rifle and Wine while Cletus is trapped.
17. Open the doors and return to the hallway outside the Huntin' Shack. Clear the area of zombies.
18. Position yourself so that you can get a clear shot at Cletus, while protecting yourself with the door frame.
19. Fix your scope on him and fire away. Head shots during PP should cause the greatest hurt.
20. Cletus is tough, as he should be. Once he's gone, you have his entire arsenal at your disposal. Keep hitting him and watch his green health bar slowly drop.
21. In the victory cutscene, Cletus gets his just desserts. As rewarding as this victory is, it should be noted that Cletus abandons the Huntin' Shack after Day 1, making this fight rather unnecessary.
22. Now, to defeat the convicts. Grab a fresh Sniper Rifle from the Huntin' Shack and also stock up on Shotguns. Exit to Leisure Park and climb onto the roof of this shelter. Jump near the corner then press forward to climb as I am here.
23. Equip the Sniper Rifle and scope the area for the convicts. At this distance I prefer to take out the driver first.
24. If you're closer and using the shotgun, it's probably better to focus on the gunner first.
25. Take out all three convicts and the Jeep (and the big gun) are yours. Drive the Jeep to unlock the Carjacker Achievement. Sniping is my preferred technique for taking out the Convicts, but a Shotgun works well, too, as you'll see a little later.
26. Now to rescue the Barricade Pair. For some added fun, pick up the lawn mower before you enter the Food Court. Carry it into Al Fresca Plaza to help clear the area of zombie scum.
27. The Barricade Pair are hold up in this store. Remove the debris from the doorway and enter the store.
28. You'll have to persuade Burt Thompson with your fists. Knock him around a bit and he'll agree to join you. Aaron Swoop follows. Give them weapons -- Dumbbells from nearby Flexin' will suffice. Do not give away your last Shotgun.
29. Across the hall is the starting point for another Scoop mission, "A Mother's Lament."
30. Clear a path through the zombies for Aaron and Burt, then talk to Leah to learn her horrible tale of woe.
31. Send Burt and Aaron to the Food Court doors (Right Trigger, aim at the doors, then press Y) while you carry Leah. As long as you keep moving, you and Leah will be safe while you carry her. You may want to save your game at Flexin' on the left before continuing.
32. Get everyone in this first restaurant on the right, Chris' Fine Foods. Place Frying Pan's on this cooktop. You'll get 2,000 PP plus you'll fashion a powerful new weapon you can give to Burt and Aaron.
33. Give everyone Wine to restore their health, and send them to a safe corner of the restaurant -- you're going to abandon them for a while.
34. Even if you defeated the Convicts earlier, they'll probably respawn and you'll need to kill them again. Exit the Food Court to Leisure Park. I've found that it helps to head to the left corner near the lawn mower.
35. The Convicts will usually find you rather quickly. When you're this close to the Jeep I recommend taking out the gunner first. This fight is why you should hold on to at least one Shotgun.
36. Your escorts' health will deteriorate over time, so work fast. Once all three Convicts are defeated, rush back to the Food Court and give everyone Wine to restore their health. Bring extra Wine if you have room in your inventory.
37. Carry Leah and hug the right wall to avoid as many zombies as possible.
38. Continue to hug the right wall and you will eventually approach the Paradise Plaza entrance.
39. As long as you keep moving while carrying Leah, you'll be safe. Keep running back and forth near the entrance until Burt and Aaron have caught up. Press B to enter Paradise Plaza as soon as everyone's near the doors.
40. Give Wine to those who need some health before trekking through Paradise Plaza.
41. Don't be in a rush to get through this part. There are a lot of zombies in Paradise Plaza and your escorts can easily become ensnared (Aaron, especially). Work to clear a safe path ahead.
42. You're almost there. Target the warehouse door and send Aaron and Burt there by pressing Y before carrying Leah there yourself.
43. Clear out the warehouse ahead of your escorts. Be sure to grab the Hunting Knife off of this guy.
44. I found it simplest to kill all the zombies in here. Be careful as to not injure your escorts -- I found that sometimes I was their greatest danger.
45. Call the elevator -- if you've got a Queen, now is the time to use it. If not, send everyone away from the doors and go to town with your Hunting Knife.
46. Leah can get in the way when Burt and Aaron need to climb onto this ledge. It helps to set a marker at the vent then carry Leah while the others go ahead. Once everyone is at the vent, go ahead and enter the Security Room.
47. You'll get a total of 60,000 PP for rescuing this trio - 20,000 each - plus the satisfaction of knowing that you completed one of the most difficult tasks in the game.
48. Unless you're a lot faster than I am, you've got a choice to make. Shadow of the North Plaza and Japanese Tourists are both running out of time, and you'll only be able to complete one of these Scoops. I'll show you Shadow of the North Plaza first.