1. As Nomad floats out of the alien structure, the VTOL picks up his signal. Nomad is relieved to see daylight after all the time spent inside the alien structure. The game inspires the same feeling in the player in this cutscene.
2. But just as things start to look good, several Alien Scouts fly out of the caves along with a massive gush of ice-cold air.
3. The VTOL takes a hit and is forced to leave. So you are stranded, once again.
4. When you regain balance, the whole place has turned tundra. What is it with these Aliens and sub-zero temperature? Anyway, the cryogenic condition seems to match the title of the level.
5. Shortly, Major Strickland will radio in. Apparently the whole mountain is encased in some kind of energy sphere, and you are in the middle of it. The Major instructs you to look for a squad of missing marines while you are here.
6. Proceed down the slopes. There is, of course, gravity now so don't think about dropping down the cliffs.
7. At the bottom of the first slope you'll find some weapons and ammo. Pack up and continue.
8. Proceed down the mountain till you see an Alien Scout carrying several smaller Aliens. The Alien Scout simply drops the smaller ones, called Alien Troopers, in front of you and flies away ignoring you so no need to worry about it.
9. However, the Alien Troopers will attack you on sight. Each one will take about 3 shotgun rounds or equivalent rifle fire to go down.
10. These guys have a distinctive 'spin and charge' attack as well as the ability to shoot ice crystals at you. Engaging multiple Alien troopers at the same time is not a good idea.
11. Try to isolate them and take them out one-by-one. They can't locate you when you are in 'cloak mode'. Hide behind rocks and wait for one of them to come close, and then attack.
12. Note that once killed, their bodies will explode in a short while so you have to move away from a downed Alien Trooper.
13. Also note that you can grab them by the neck just like you did with KPA soldiers. Upon releasing, they will be dead. This is, in fact, quite effective against these guys. Move close to one and grab and release it to quickly finish it off.
14. Proceed downhill. The map is pretty much useless but navigation here is quite simple -- keep moving down slopes.
15. Here you'll encounter two more Alien Troopers. Engage them or evade them using 'cloak mode'. If you stand still while cloaked, they will just pass by you.
16. Straight ahead you'll see a chasm. There is a lot of ammo near the shack on the other side. Use 'strength mode' or 'speed mode' to jump across.
17. Collect the ammo and go back in to the chasm.
18. Drop into the chasm and follow the narrow path.
19. This path leads you to a cliff. When you hear the Alien roar, look to the right. You can see another Alien Scout flying by and dropping a bunch of smaller Aliens. You may either move there and engage those guys or bypass them by taking the path to the left. Both paths will take you to the same area.
20. If you prefer to bypass the Aliens, it's better to use 'cloak mode'. Proceed downhill. You will hear the roar of another Alien trooper just ahead, indicating that there is another bunch of smaller guys at the bottom of this slope.
21. If you move in cloaked, these bad boys will be completely unaware of you.
22. This is a good opportunity to try the grabbing trick. Run around grabbing and tossing the Aliens one by one. All four of them can be downed without firing a single shot.
23. Proceed further and two more Aliens will come at you. If you stand still in 'cloak mode' they will just pass by.
24. Go further down the slope and you'll reach a road. Turn right and pass by the overturned truck.
25. The road is broken down into a chasm. You'll spot a burning car below. Carefully drop down into the gap.
26. By now your objective location will be so close that you can see it in the radar. Simply walk up there.
27. When you are close enough, a cutscene will roll in, revealing the fate of the missing marines.
28. The poor marines are frozen solid. Nomad will pass on the tragic news to Strickland, who instructs Nomad to get to the edge of the Alien energy sphere.
29. No time to mourn as another bunch of Alien troopers pop in. And guess who is back from the dead? Prophet! He wipes out the Aliens with a fancy new gun.
30. From the looks of it, he stole that gun from the Aliens themselves. As soon as the cutscene ends, another wave of Aliens will fly in so prepare for war.