1. Crysis is all about the futuristic NanoSuit. The hijinks seen in the introductory video show off its capabilities.
2. You and your buddies are hardened US Special Forces soldiers on a mission to investigate a distress call from a group of archaeologists trapped in a tropical island in the Philippines Sea. Incidentally, the North Koreans are there too. Mood is set right from the beginning.
3. Nice way to begin the adrenaline-soaked adventure. But nothing much to do during this sky dive, so listen to the chit chat.
4. Things do not start too well for our protagonist, Nomad, as he crash lands to the water. But the NanoSuit can handle that. Just make your way to land, and your squad leader Prophet will patch you up.
5. Move to the target location indicated by the green arrow in the radar. Check the objectives screen and the map for details.
6. You are well-armed straight from the beginning. Customise your weapons as Prophet instructs. Action is right around the corner.
7. Watch out for the KPA soldier above the ridge to your right. Make sure your weapon is silenced before opening fire.
8. Two more enemy soldiers on the beach ahead. Use the binoculars to tag them to the radar in the bottom left of your screen. The colors indicate their level of alertness. Also note that the diamond shaped 'eye' marks your target location.
9. Your buddy Jester is waiting for you on the other end of the beach. Use this time to check out the 4 modes of the NanoSuit -- Maximum armour, Maximum speed, Maximum strength and Cloak. You will be using them a lot.
10. Meet up with Jester and follow him to the next cutscene. One of the most dramatic moments of the game awaits you.
11. We didn't do this. Apparently your team and the North Koreans are NOT alone on this island.
12. Crysis has its fair share of grim and creepy moments. Come to think of it, there are no funny moments in the game at all. Pay respect to your fallen friend. But pick up the ammo from his rifle anyway.
13. From here on you are alone. Move to the next destination shown in the radar. Press ahead to the rocks and use the 'strength mode' to jump above.
14. You will meet with a small KPA patrol. Time to switch to the very useful 'cloak mode'. Note that your pistol, with silencer and laser pointer, is most effective to take out enemies with a headshot. Take out both KPA soldiers and move on.
15. Here you will receive a secondary objective -- take out the radar jamming device. It's located in the beach right ahead of you, and is marked in the radar by a yellow arrow. Walk up there.