1. A couple of VTOLs will fly in to the landing zone that you just cleared.
2. Several Marines will come out saying "We'll take it from here". Don't get any ideas; they are just going to 'take' the refinery that you have already secured.
3. You have to continue being the one man army and proceed alone. Next target is the mine entrance. Before leaving, search the area and restock on weapons and ammo. Blue arrows indicate locations of weapons.
4. Get yourself a new missile launcher. The Gauss rifle must be out of ammo by now so swap it for the precision rifle.
5. On the upper balcony of the building to the south, there is a minigun. It's a fancy weapon to have but it's not going to be a big asset. The precision rifle is recommended instead.
6. On the lower balcony of the northern building you'll find a precision rifle. Take it along with the other goodies.
7. Once you are packed up and ready, head out through the path where a VTOL is standing.
8. Here you can have a good look at the big strange mountain we have been seeing from the beginning of this chapter. Is that some alien structure hidden inside the rocks? We'll soon find out.
9. Move close to the edge of the cliff where the sand bags are. Some things are coming out of the mountains!
10. If you quickly look through the binocs, you can see that the 'things' are flying Aliens, like you'd have guessed. Luckily they are not after you.
11. The Aliens will circle around the hollowed out area firing at the KPA forces guarding the mine. Now this is fun to watch!
12. Note the heavily fortified mine entrance. That is where you have to get in eventually.
13. This looks like the same type of Alien that we saw in the earlier chapters. Don't bother shooting at it; it doesn't even care about you.
14. Once the Alien is gone, use your binocs to have a good look at the mine entrance. KPA are well dug in there.
15. There are more soldiers, a few Jeeps and a couple of APCs in the path leading to the mine entrance. Stay in cloak mode while you watch them to avoid being fired upon by the nasty APCs.
16. You don't want that APC around when you are making your way to the mine entrance. So use missile launcher and destroy it. Two hits will do it. Use the remaining missile on the Jeep.
17. Now you may be tempted to snipe the KPA soldiers crawling like ants in the depth. But if you do so the machine guns and remaining APC are sure to return fire.
18. If you insist on sniping, pick out the guys roaming around the open path leading to the mine entrance. There are too many guys dug in at the fortified area, so it's not practical to kill them all.
19. Sooner or later a few soldiers will come up to check who is shooting at them from above the cliff. If they do, take them out. Now take the Jeep and go down the slopes marked by the arrow to get to the lower level.
20. Watch out for scattered KPA guys. You don't have to find a proper path to get to the bottom level. Just flip the Jeep down the levels or slide down on foot.
21. At the bottom you'll find a few sheds. There is a stack of crates under one of the sheds. Approach the crates.
22. You'll find missile launchers on top of the crates. Take one. It's needed to take care of the APC near the mine entrance.
23. Now proceed to the entrance. If you have not destroyed the first APC, You'll meet it here.
24. Once you see the fortified mine entrance ahead, abandon the vehicle and proceed on foot. It's too dangerous to drive ahead in a Jeep. Walk and get behind cover as shown by the arrow.
25. Using the objects around here for cover, move to a position from where you can see the APC.
26. Once you spot the APC, use the missile launcher to quickly destroy it.
27. Once the APC threat is eliminated, you can breathe easy. Take out any patrol Jeeps that annoy you with the remaining missile.
28. Now it's sniper time. Take the precision rifle and crouch at a good spot where you won't be seen by the machine gunners at the mine entrance.
29. Take out any enemy soldiers you see and clear that path ahead.
30. Now move in cautiously towards the trailers.
31. Clear out anyone in your path and get inside the open trailer.
32. No need of the precision rifle any more. So swap it for the SMG. Also pick up grenades and FY71 ammo.
33. Move past the trailer on to the path behind it. The fortified mine entrance is right around the corner.
34. From here, if you look at the cliff where you had been standing when you first saw the mine entrance, you'll find the Marines putting up a long range attack on the KPA at the entrance.
35. But their support doesn't last long. Soon some dumb KPAs fly in a chopper, only to be brought down by the Marines and crash land right on top of them. The explosion seems to have consumed all the Marines. Ouch! Tragic.
36. Switch to 'cloak mode' and sneak into the fortification.
37. Try to get into these trenches before your suit power runs out. The trench gives you some cover.
38. From here, there is no easy way. You can try to be as stealthy as possible, opening fire only when needed.
39. Or bombard the place with all the explosives you got.
40. Don't be shy to use missiles if you're pinned down by enemy gunfire from a distance.
41. You will stumble upon one or two Nanosuited enemies. To take them out, empty your clip at them in a long burst of fire till they drop dead. The SMG is best for this.
42. An accurate burst of incendiary bullets will also bring them down fast.
43. If you find it hard to get through here, wait a bit longer before entering the trenches. A VTOL will fly in supporting you and drawing the KPA's attention away from you.
44. The trench will lead you to a doorway to the inside of the mine. Press forward, blasting the enemy.
45. Throw a few grenades to trash the machine gun nests and run straight to the door.
46. The number of KPA here seems endless. Run inside with your gun blazing.
47. Once inside you are relatively safe. Take the door to the left. Caution! More bad guys on the other side.
48. Several KPA soldiers will be waiting for you in the darkness. Throw in a few grenades before you enter so that most of them will be done for.
49. There is also a Nanosuited Korean lurking around. He will be a problem only if he finds you and starts firing his minigun before you find him. Put a clip full of SMG fire or several rounds of shotgun shells through his armor.
50. Now go up the slope leading to the tunnel with rail tracks. Follow the tracks to go deeper into the mine.
51. As you proceed past the mine cars, Strickland will radio in, asking you to switch to night vision. But night vision is horrible in almost all games, right? If you think so, Use the flash light attachment on your gun to beat the darkness.
52. Who's that, hiding behind the mine cars at the end of the tracks?
53. Just another Nanosuited Korean. Bring him down.
54. Now turn left and proceed to the broken down elevator.
55. The elevator doesn't work, but you don't need it anyway. Just drop down to the bottom level in 'armor mode'.
56. At the bottom level there is another tunnel. Nothing much to think from here on; just move along the only path you have.
57. After a few turns the tunnel will lead you to this rocky area. Climb up.
58. Just as you climb up, several rocks will rumble down from the top. Step out of the way or you'll be crushed!
59. Move to the middle of the chamber and turn right. There is a gap in your path. Use strength mode to jump across.
60. As you make your way through the caves, you'll hear a heated conversation between Helena Rosenthal and General Kyong. That means you are close.
61. Run all the way through the cave tunnels and you'll emerge at the target location. Just walk in to the metal platform. A Cutscene ensues.
62. In the cutscene, you'll see Kyong, Helena and the other hostage in front of what seems to be the entrance to the alien structure.
63. Kyong plans to blow up the entrance and get inside and Helena pleads for him to stop.
64. As you watch, two Nanosuited KPA guys sneak up behind you and knock you unconscious.