1. This is perhaps the most fun part of the game for the simple reason that you get to fly a VTOL. Nevertheless, this can be one of the hardest and frustrating levels as well. When the chapter begins, you are inside the VTOL with other Marines. The pilot informs you that the flight conditions are far from ideal.
2. As the cutscene progresses, an Alien scout will attack the VTOL from the rear. After a lot of firing, you manage to ward it off.
3. The pilot gets hit and the Marines send you in as the new pilot. Well, we knew that was coming, right?
4. When you start off in the cockpit, the VTOL will be nose-diving to the ground so press and hold SPACE to pull her up.
5. Once you regain control of the VTOL, Command will contact you and give you orders to escape the island and reach the aircraft carrier. Press and hold W to move forward.
6. It takes some time to get used to the controls of the VTOL, but if you have played other flight-based games it won't be too hard. Controls will flash in front of you as you progress. By default, Press SPACE to move up, LEFT CONTROL to move down, W to go forward and S to stop/go backward.
7. As you move forward, you will spot a couple of friendly VTOLs ahead. Follow them as Command instructs. Use the mouse to turn and look around. You will be instructed to maintain a low altitude. Do so as it gives you better control. Press F1 to cycle between cockpit view, nose view and third-person view.
8. Shortly you'll be informed that there is a squad of Marines waiting for pick up in the valley ahead. You will be given a secondary objective -- defend the air space while the other VTOLS extract the troops. Follow them across the bridge.
9. Time to check out the combat capabilities of the VTOL. LMB fires the main gun which can maintain rapid fire for a long time before overheating. RMB fires missiles but remember that there are only 12 missiles at your disposal.
10. The camp ahead is under attack by a few Alien Scouts. Move in and engage them. Keep the target in the reticule and keep firing.
11. Of course, they will attack you causing damage to the VTOL. Dodge their streams of fire by pressing SPACE or LEFT CONTROL to quickly move up or drop down.
12. Generally it's better to engage the Aliens from a distance, as your maneuverability is much less compared to the Aliens. This makes you an easy prey for them at close range. If you find yourself helplessly swarmed, push forward to gain some distance and then turn around to attack.
13. By keeping an Alien inside the reticule, you can tag it. Launch a missile as soon as it is tagged. The missile will home in on the tagged Alien, causing an instant kill.
14. Once all the Aliens are dealt with, your team will move on to investigate another camp. Punch it and follow the others.
15. Ahead, you will find a couple of small tornados. If you get too close to them, the VTOL will swing out of control and possibly crash. So evade them. Keep a low altitude always or it will be difficult to press forward. Press F1 and switch to third-person view for better navigation.
16. At the same time, The Alien energy sphere will be slowly expanding on you right so stick to the left of the valley. Use the afterburner by pressing LEFT SHIFT to get some extra thrust.
17. Sadly there is nobody left in this camp. Press forward to the next extraction point. The map may not be very useful here but your path is straightforward. Just bear left and keep going down the valley. Use afterburner to push yourself forward.
18. Just like earlier, you are required to defend other VTOLS while they pick up more troops. Move into the area marked in the map, keeping your eyes peeled for enemies.
19. You can see a lot of activity ahead, both friendly and hostile. The VTOL will gradually repair itself so even if you have taken some beating in the last fight, you will be ready for another dog fight by now.
20. A bunch of Aliens are here harassing the troops. Engage them.
21. Don't be shy to use your missiles. Tag Aliens with your reticule and quickly launch a missile by pressing RMB.
22. You will have to put your maneuvering skills to the test here. Press Q and E to roll and make a 180 degree turn to engage aliens behind you.
23. Circle around the camp, gunning down all Aliens that come within range. Always keep moving to evade the Alien fire.
24. Once you are done here, the team will take off and head for the aircraft carrier. Follow them. Since one of your engines was damaged in the very beginning of the chapter, you can't keep up with them but keeping going anyway.
25. Press forward through the valley. The VTOLs that flew ahead of you will find a truck convoy under attack by the aliens. Command will tell you to try to save them, but your priority is to get out of the island.
26. The convoy can't be saved no matter what. However you can use their position as a rally point on your way out. Three more Aliens ahead of you.
27. Engaging these guys is purely your choice. Evade their attack and keep moving down the valley. They won't follow you if you get away.
28. You'll find the burning remains of the convoy on the road below. Keep moving and get out of this gorge.
29. Another bunch of Aliens will attack you in the next valley. Take out as many as you can and press forward.
30. You will reach a port with several Aliens here and there. Keep up your speed. No point in turning around to attack them.
31. Once you reach the coast, keep flying to the open sea. Ignore any stranded Aliens that you may see.
32. As you keep flying towards the horizon, Psycho will radio in and tell you that he is onboard the carrier with Prophet and Helena. He claims to have a 'souvenir' for Nomad. The chapter ends once the conversation is over.