1. Backtrack then follow the Workshops signs.
2. Here is the Workshops entrance.
3. Continue through a short tunnel then battle this Spider Splicer. A Circus of Values and Ammo Bandito machine are in here. Lockers to the left of the Ammo Bandito contain cash, and more cash is on the desk ahead.
4. To the left, a Crossbow and a corpse are behind a Trap Bolt.
5. Beware a turret to the right. An Enraged! Splicer and Big Daddy take care of the turret and each other. The poster reveals Australia Day to be 01/26. A U-Invent is on the left; a Machine Gun and a First Aid Kit are on the right.
6. Find cash, snacks and a corpse in the back of the room, plus this safe in the far left corner.
7. Descend these stairs.
8. The door to Kyburz's office is to the left, flanked by a pair of machine gun turrets. You'll do well to hack them both.
9. Don't head into Kyburz's office just yet. Instead, use this crawlspace to access the area beneath the stairs.
10. Pablo Navarro's Market Maintenance Code audio diary reveals the code 0512 for the Pump Room in Farmer's Market. Electric Gel, a Pistol, Armor-Piercing Pistol Rounds and two Storage Crates are found as well.
11. Directly across from the stairs is this room. Kyburz's Device Almost Finished audio diary is on the right alongside a First Aid Kit. A Gene-Bank is on the left.
12. Keep right and find this vent with a searchable corpse. Another corpse is in a small flooded area to the left.
13. Head through this archway directly across from the vent.
14. Find Kyburz's audio diary The Dream on this corpse. A Napalm-holding Chemical Thrower and Health Station are seen on the left.
15. To the left is this desk. Find the Frag Grenade and storage crate, then hop up (or climb the short stairs on the right) to find an EVE Hypo and pistol rounds. A Big Daddy corpse is found near the short stairs.
16. I found this area confusing and you'll need to find your way back here later. Here's a shot of the same area from the short steps on the right.
17. Look behind the shelves to find this crawlspace.
18. Enter to find this all-important room. Kyburz's Assembling The Bomb audio diary is next to a Damage Research Combat Tonic. Two First Aid Kits are under the desk.
19. On the opposite side of the room is the EMP Bomb Casing. This is where you'll assemble the bomb once you have all the necessary components.
20. Here is your new multi-part goal. You'll need two Ionic Gel (those blue things you've seen lately) as well as one Nitroglycerin Charge and four R-34 Wire Clusters (whatever they are). Find cash under the table.
21. Backtrack a bit and note that the Big Daddy Corpse by the short stairs is glowing. Search his body to find your first R-34 Wire Cluster. So that's what they are! Three more to go.
22. You'll now find R-34 Wire Clusters on all the Big Daddy corpses you come across in Hephaestus. Here I find one after defeating this Elite Bouncer, escorting the third of the level's three Little Sisters. Harvesting her brings my ADAM count to 430.
23. Hacking has been getting increasingly difficult so I decide to backtrack to the Gatherer's Garden and spend some ADAM. I buy an Engineering Slot then upgrade to Hacking Expert 2. I also purchase Health and EVE Upgrades, leaving me with 140 ADAM.
24. Here is my current configuration.
25. I spied this Quarter-Can of Ionic Gel on my back to the Workshops.
26. A second Quarter-Can can be found across from the previously-seen safe.
27. Time to enter Kyburz's office. Access is granted by entering the date for Australia Day, 0126.
28. Telekinesis clears the room of traps, but is time consuming -- very annoying.
29. Liquid Nitrogen and Pistol Rounds are on the desk. The Pneumo on the left has more supplies.
30. Andrew Ryan's A Great Chain Moves Slowly audio diary is on this desk. Be ready to destroy/hack a machine gun turret by the door before pressing this Intriguing Switch.
31. The switch also unlocks the glass blocking the Nitroglycerin you need for the EMP bomb.
32. Directly across the room is this Power To The People Station. I choose Grenade Launcher Damage Increase as my next upgrade. A File Cabinet and Proximity Mines are to the right.
33. You now need to go Big Daddy hunting to acquire the remaining two R-34 Wire Clusters. Lure one of them back to the turrets flanking Kyburz's office entrance. Freeze him in place with Electric Gel while the turrets speed his demise.
34. I lured a second Big Daddy to this hacked Security Camera in front of the Workshops entrance. Security Bots, Electric Gel and Frag Grenades secured the final R-34 Wire Cluster.
35. Return to the bomb casing, place the components inside then pick up the bomb to complete the goal. Time to head to Geothermal Control.
36. Follow the signs to find the Geothermal Control entrance here.
37. A Gene-Bank and storage crate are on the left. A U-Invent is on the right, and a Frag Grenade is in-between. Two doors each lead to this room, flanked by machine gun turrets. Be sure to hack, not destroy, these turrets. Liquid Nitrogen is near the turret on the left.
38. Toss a number of Proximity Mines to set up a barrier between the doors and this position. You'll need to hold off a wave of Splicers while turning this wheel. Proximity Mines and a First Aid Kit are behind you.
39. Keep holding the valve until the magma flows and Kyburz's audio diary The Dream plays. Your hacked turrets and Proximity Mines should hold off the Splicers.
40. This lift is now accessible; ride it down.
41. Follow the corridor to find this Shorten Alarms 2 Engineering Tonic, a corpse and an Automatic Hack Tool. Continue through the door ahead.
42. Use this Core Lift Control and ride it on up.
43. Place the bomb on the core to complete the goal.
44. Fight your way past this now-open gate and Ryan's security bots. Here I'm using the Machine Gun's Armor-Piercing Auto Rounds.
45. Follow this sign to Ryan's office, but we're not going all the way back there just yet.
46. When you get to this next sign, don't follow it up the stairs. Instead, find another set of stairs leading down behind the stacked wheels ahead.
47. Andrew Ryan's Impossible Anywhere Else audio diary is on the desk to the right next to Antipersonnel Auto Rounds. Electric Gel and a corpse are around the left corner. Fill up at the Circus of Values then resume following the signs to Ryan's office.
48. Leadheads and security bots greet you upon your return. Don't forget to photograph the security bots if you haven't completed researching them yet.
49. Use the circuit breaker to complete the goal and unlock the door. You won't be able to save for a while, so you might want to save before you pass through the bulkhead to load the next level: Rapture Central Control.